NY lifting quarantine restrictions

Starting April 1, New York is lifting the quarantine restrictions for domestic travel! This is huge for us. The testing/quarantine rules were cumbersome, to say the least. I wonder if other northeastern states will follow suit.

4 Likes

Pennsylvania lifted theirs a month or so ago!

1 Like

They did?! We wanted to go to Vermont or Massachusetts skiing in February and there were too many quarantine rules so we just stayed here and did nothing. It was…disappointing. :frowning: I think I’d just given up the idea of leaving my zip code so I stopped looking.

I thought VT and MA were excluded from the quarantine/testing anyway.

“Travelers from state that are contiguous with New York (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont) are exempt from the travel advisory.”

Yippee!:joy:

1 Like

My DH and I were happy about that. We are going to NJ at the end of April and live in PA.

1 Like

@lizzieanne771 you were exempt from quarantine coming back into NY, but couldn’t go into VT or MA without quarantining first. Or at least that’s how I understood it.

:clap:t3: thank :clap:t3: God :clap:t3:

5 Likes

Interesting. I thought all those states were on the same page and travel between them was ok - especially with so many people living in one and working in another.