Now live-ish! Surprising my 8 year old son and 6yo nephew but 1 night only

ONE.MORE.SLEEP.
This morning:
DS: “Are we going to see [DN] for Christmas?”
me: “No sweetie. Why do you ask?”
DS: “It’s just been a really long time and I really miss him”

!!! He has no idea. He told his teacher all proud the other day that he was helping me plan a trip for a family with an 8yo boy (the excuse I used to figure out any of his preferences I didn’t already know).

!!!

7 Likes

You’re good. Great lie! I cannot wait to see and hear about the reveal!

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear about this reveal!!!

1 Like

There will be 2! One that we are going to wdw and then he will run into his cousin in the airport!!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Can’t wait

2 Likes

This is awesome!

So, a little bit of a letdown, but totally my fault.

Kiddo came home crying from school today bkz there ARE referees in soccer but his former bff said no and then his other teammate said no and then threw the ball at him…
I mean, for context, this kid kicked him in the chip and dales a couple weeks ago and a couple weeks before that was his bff.
But he was weeping. Just weeping. So I made a rookie parent move and broke the news. It brought him back to almost normal but nowhere near the jumping through the roof I was hoping for. I should’ve just let him feel his feelings and saved the surprise but I’m a fixer and uncomfortable with Sadness so I spilled the beans and it was a major womp womp moment.

But the cousin thing is still a secret.

6 Likes

I would’ve caved also. But I’m really bad at surprises. It’s still going to be an epic trip, especially the cousin surprise.

2 Likes

Also, he was totally embarrassed by our matching shirts (which are key, bkz his cousin and aunt have one too and when we see them in airport I’m gonna be like ‘look, those people have our same shirts!’ And that’s how he will find out cousin is there).

I thought I had a few more years, man. My baby :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

7 Likes

He’s just had a tough day. Let him process and once y’all get on the road I’m sure he’ll be super pumped like you expected.

3 Likes

I know, right? Rookie parent mistake. Ugh.

1 Like

We are at the airport!!! Had to jump on the phone this am to solve a ticket issue but it looks resolved and I’m crossing my fingers that things go well in 20m. Kiddo is SO pumped, and these photopass lenses are fun

12 Likes

When does he find out about the cousin? This airport or MCO?

2 Likes

When he sees him!!

1 Like

Right. LOL
Will that be here or there? :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh gosh no they are flying from dallas!! Also, super crappy reception as well as app glitches but!!!

9 Likes

I keep canceling KS and trying to book a later one but it keeps giving me 2p.

Now I’m considering canceling ks and booking Navi, tp is saying I won’t even need ks ll, line will be 12m at 4p. Hmmm.

Navi is still at 2p. Tried to book JC instead but that’s booking at 4p and we won’t get there til 7ish.

Just caught up. Can’t we it for the cousin meet up!!!

1 Like