November/December 2022

We are trying to decide dates for our 2022 trip. Right now the top contenders are the week of November 13th and the week of November 27th. I know historicaly the week after Thanksgiving is low crowds, but who knows for 2022. Priorities are low crowds and Christmas decorations/activities. But the Food & Wine festival is also a draw. It will be me, DH, and DS9, but we plan to take him out of school. Our only other trip was June 2018, so not much to compare. Appreciate any thoughts!!

1 Like

My favorite time to go is just after Thanksgiving because the Christmas stuff is in high gear. It’s not really all in place before Thanksgiving :slight_smile: But there is just something about Christmastime at WDW that makes me happy.

3 Likes

If you really want low crowds would you consider a start date of December 5, 2022? That week of December is traditionally very low CLs (I go often during this week as it is my & Walt’s shared birthday, so I have first hand experience!)

I find the Monday right after Thanksgiving still very busy. People take extended holiday weekend trips and IME it doesn’t slow down until the following Wed. / Thursday

The Food Festivals at Epcot are going pretty much year round right now. I could see Epoct extending the dates going forward as it is a big draw for visitors.

3 Likes

We plan to go about week later…the first full week of December (I think starting the 5th?). F&W is over, by then Festival of the Holidays will have begun.

We were there first week of December last year (2020) and loved it, despite the reduced Christmas offerings.

2 Likes

The later date would be better for Christmas stuff.

2 Likes

We’re also planning a trip in December 2022. I’m thinking around the 9th or 10th, that would be a week before they let out for Christmas break. My kids will be 16 & 14 and in high school. I feel like a longer break would be better for them and easier for planning.

I’ve been twice in the first week of December. The first time the weather and crowds were great. The second time it was so cold and the crowds were manageable. My kids haven’t been at that time of year and its just so magical, I can’t wait for them to see it.

Also Festival Of the Holidays was great!

1 Like

@darkmite2 I might have a work event that week where I have to be out of town. But it is definitely worth considering. Thanks.

1 Like

I booked November 13-19 a few weeks ago; heavily debating switching resorts (I’ll be debating this until October 2022 LOL).

I picked this week because it’s after the presumed “Jersey Week”, after Election Day and Veteran’s Day, but before Thanksgiving AND hopefully within the Food and Wine dates plus, the MVMCP!

In 2019 we did December 5-9 (or the 4-8, I forget) and the low crowd levels were great, as were the Christmas activities but we REALLY missed food and wine festival and found the festival of the holiday’s to be lacking in selection in comparisson.

2 Likes

That was my thought process on that week too.