November/December 2018

We’re hoping to come and get to experience Christmas season at Disney. I want to avoid Thanksgiving week. Is the week after still pretty busy? I have heard from some people that the decorations are up the week before Thanksgiving as well but that doesn’t sound like a guarantee. Would love to minimize the crowds for this trip. Thanks!

1 Like

Our last trip was the week before Thanksgiving. All of the park decorations were up and the resort decorations were going up (but not finished) the week we were there. I would definitely recommend going after T-Day. We missed out on all of the special shows and some of the resort decorations. MVMCP was in full swing (which made planning an MK day a nightmare), but that’s something I would only go to if someone gifted me the tickets.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!! We had the same experience going in October with the Halloween party. It was really frustrating for planning our Magic Kingdom days.

1 Like

I have gone the week after Thanksgiving. It is a great time to be there. It will be a bit crowded on Saturday through Monday but after that it was terrific. I did not mind the crowds at all on Saturday or Sunday either.

We go early to the parks and do as much early as possible and then the afternoons are much more relaxed.

The atmosphere is so wonderful during this time. Make sure to see Illuminations with the special add on at the end. It is truly beautiful. Also, if you can eat at California Grill for dinner on a night that has the MVMCP fireworks they are stunning from there.

2 Likes