Nothing Can Stop Us Now - A Spring Break Trip Report

NO humidity… it’s glorious !!!

3 Likes

Ah yes. I was thinking about questions about Oga’s and some other place during my real trip.

1 Like

Safe travels and have a great trip.

Have a fabulous time!

1 Like

Yay! Another Super Liner Bro REAL LIFE trip report! (Mine is just 65 days away!)

Have a blast!

6 Likes

I’ll admit when I first saw this thread title I thought of the last line of the theme song to Perfect Strangers:

Then I thought of the Starship song “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now:”

And then I learned that it is a song for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway:

13 Likes

They probably are doing the dance of joy though!

8 Likes

I just assumed it was a picture from the internets. Also, the idea of anyone photoshopping anything during that epic trip is crazy. If you can’t believe what you see online, what can you believe?

Enjoy your trip!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Me too. But I’m a lot older than you and @Tall_Paul1

3 Likes

I loved that show!

1 Like

I saw Starship in concert in 1985. New Kids on the Block opened for them.

7 Likes

NKOTB must have been super new on the scene then! Their popularity took off when I was in 7th-ish grade (1987)

3 Likes

Yes! I was going into 7th grade and Starship had a new hit song. Probably Nothing is going to Stop Us. It was my first concert.

3 Likes

Ugh. I hate that I read this and my 12 year old self internally screamed. What is wrong with me?

4 Likes

I was going to tag you. :blush:. It may have been 1986. They may not have been officially openers I remember them singing one or two songs. I was instantly in love.

1 Like

I was super late to the party, I didn’t “discover” them until around 88 or 89.

How cool to see them before they merited shows of their own!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I saw the Starship dude Mickey Thomas in concert in Epcot during Food and Wine!! It was a great show

3 Likes

I think that is when their first album came out but I am from Boston so we heard them first :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

They have awesome performers at Epcot! Boys to Men was there when we went on our first Once in a Lifetime trip.

3 Likes