Nothing Can Stop Us Now - A Spring Break Trip Report

Surprise! The kids start their Spring Break week, and we are all heading to the airport TODAY. This trip was supposed to be this time last year, but the World (and the world) shut down first.

We’re celebrating our personal recoveries from covid, hope for the nation and world to be past covid soon, my 40th which was a month ago, and my DD’s 16th which is a month from now. We didn’t want to wait until crowds come back in full force, so let’s do this.

Will be my first split stay (stay tuned to see where I end up), and will finish the week with a little beach time near Clearwater to wind down and not need a vacation from the vacation. Lots of logistics, lots of food, and lots of fun will be coming. Will try to be at least semi-live.

32 Likes

Have a great time! I’m currently sitting in my car while my son has his first soccer practice since we went into lockdown in November (no parents allowed in the dome because of Covid protocols), it’s -10, and I’m listening to a Disney trip report, so I’m madly jealous and looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Did you keep this a secret from all of us? I don’t recall knowing you had a trip coming up. Looking forward to your report!

5 Likes

Woohoo!!! I also didn’t realize you guys had a trip this close. Excited to follow along!

3 Likes

How did I not realize this?

This is exciting.
I’m careful about reading reports, but this has me excited!

Be safe.
Godspeed.

5 Likes

Wahoo!!! Can’t wait to follow along

3 Likes

What?! How do we not know every detail of your plan?!

7 Likes

Shouldn’t the title start w/ “Surprise!” :partying_face:

5 Likes

Great news! Enjoy!

1 Like

I didn’t intentionally keep it a secret. I’m not THAT sinister. :joy: But I didn’t really specifically mention it either. I did ask lots of questions in roundabout ways and recent trip reports have been super helpful. Part of me just didn’t want to jinx it. (Insert pic of @OBNurseNH’s cat.)

I’ve deprived you all of helping me prepare specifically, but I will need help along the way too.

ETA: You all did help me prepare, but are just finding out now. That’s the better way to put it. :grin:

17 Likes

Hope you’ve packed a variety of clothes. Today is cool. Supposed to get hot though. Maybe we’ll bump into you.

2 Likes

If you do, then clearly you aren’t properly adhering to the 6 ft spacing rules! :wink:

1 Like

Nice! Have all the fun!

3 Likes

How very exciting! Have a fabulous trip!! I noticed your questions and wondered if you may be gearing up for some fun. I think we all expect/hope that you will entertain us with your trip report. No pressure :grinning:

4 Likes

I definitely got some clues! :wink:

Enjoy your trip!!!

3 Likes

You forgot to say “Oh my stars!” :rofl:

4 Likes

How fabulous!

Have a great time!!!

One I can think of is for the Super Liner Bros trip, i had pretty quick access to an official MDE Yak & Yeti ADR for 5 visual. I guess it was assumed everything can be photoshopped, which is pretty true. :rofl:

Waiting in Ohare right now. Waited a little too long to reserve airport parking and had to settle for a place a little further away, but no biggie. Lots of people traveling today.

10 Likes

Yeah, 90s by end of week. Not as humid as summer there though, right?

6 Likes