Note A18

There are many things in my photo report that I don’t recall seeing on your plans. What of that?

You think I’m not going to get a Grand Marnier slushy at Epcot?

2 Likes

Ok. I guess I was wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

I even thought about doing that boat thing you did with your daughter. What was that?

At each resort which features a marina, one can rent a variety of boats. As I have zero knowledge of boating (and this is a little scary when you consider that others out there maybe don’t either!) and as my DD was the only one interested in going out on the water, we rented the Sea Raycer. These are small, two-person vessels that are very easily maneuvered and really don’t go very fast even at top speed. They cost $30/hr to rent. There is a brief instructional before you get in your boat, including a review of where you can go and where you can’t (ie you can’t pull in at TTC or MK launches). You can stop at other resort marinas if you like in order to swap drivers (we stopped at GF); I’ll bet if you really wanted you could even tie up there for a short time (but recall that the clock is still ticking on your rental, and you pay upon return).

It was a really lovely way to see Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake, and to see resorts and such from another perspective. And the cost was well worth it, IMO.

Here is a linke to view all the boat rental options and locations: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/

How is it possible not stuff oneself at Boma? And for the cost, is it not obligatory?

3 Likes

New plan looks great! I can’t imagine the heat for WAT so bring plenty of water. I am hopeful you’ll be able to get TSMM FP. I think mostly people will be gearing for the SDD and ASS FP’s.

Scheduling WAT was a great choice. We did the 1:15 trek a few weeks ago. We ate at 3:15. The afternoon snack is a little different than the morning snack and we found we were full (might also have been too large a consumption of jungle juice). It was certainly hot at that time of day but much of the trek is in the shade or on the safari truck. You carry a water bottle with places to refill it along the way. The trek really isn’t strenuous. We loved it.

2 Likes

They provide water bottles for you to fill before leaving and keep There are two refill stations along the way.

1 Like

Also WRT WAT, you cannot bring anything with you that cannot be secured to your person. They will provide a strap to secure your phone to your harness so long as it can be looped through the case somehow (I have an Otter box with one of those silicone outside skins and that worked; DH has a hard case that it was not possible to do this with). They will give you straps for your sunglasses. You may wear hats. You do not wear your Magic Band; your personal watches are okay. Wallets, paper, literally ANYTHING ELSE you will store in complimentary lockers at the harness-fitting hut before you head out.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely really very excited about it. It really feels right.

Can you hire them at one location and drop them off at another? It would be cool to hire one at BLT and use it to go to WL for dinner.

No you have to return it to the location from where it was rented. Each resort owns them and they are marked accordingly by number - when you pull in at another resort they will know it is not theirs by the boat number, or so I’m told.

Oh.

I’d love to try the boats — it sounds great fun — but I don’t think I can fit it into my schedule. Maybe next year!

A-HA!

1 Like

I’m really glad I booked next year’s trip because it takes the pressure off this year’s a little. I’ve “lost” a number of things in my rearrangement — I had to cut Jiko and BOG, for example. (But then I added AP, which I’m excited about.)

There’s definitely plenty left to do next year!

2 Likes

There’s always new experiences waiting at WDW. In all the trips we’ve made, we’ve not come close to hitting everything! Each trip we keep some old favorites and add some new stuff. It’s amazing!

Yeah, I’ve tried hard with this trip not to recreate last year’s. With the exception of arrival day — which is a minute-by-minute carbon copy of last year’s (oh, except I’m doing 7DMT instead of SM) — it’s a very different schedule. I’m revisiting some restaurants, but there’s more new ones than repeats.

It really is, lol. I get it now! I can see why people keep going back.

2 Likes

Have you done this more than once?

Last month when I did it with my DS was my fifth time doing it. It’s usually a birthday tradition for the family. This past time it was just for fun–DS requested it and since it was just the two of us I thought it worth doing again.

2 Likes

Wow that is fantastic!!!

I see in my gallery pictures that the lunch snack appears to include some shrimp and also hummus?