Not really feeling it any more

Hmmmmmm, ive yet to see said spreadsheet. I picked sparkly teal blue if I recall. I feel duped. @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, we demand spreadsheets!!! ( he’s sleeping but maybe tomorrow :pray:)

1 Like

Everyone was fine. No one was sick afterwards. And after having gone, I honestly feel more people should go if they want. I felt safe. I even did things like ride the bus more than originally planned because I felt it was all handled well. As long as everyone is being reasonably safe, you will be fine. IMO

8 Likes

We are in complete agreement.

2 Likes

Are u voicing this in Randalls post!!! Lol! :joy: i think weve gotten past but now there are fries in the mix… :grimacing:

1 Like

I agree that chocolate should not be in baked goods, anyway. I do like chocolate ice cream and chocolate shakes.

2 Likes

Then u agree the opposite with me, alas, we are not choco twins :rofl:

1 Like

Say it isn’t so!

7 Likes

But I love spreadsheets!!! Wait…am I on the spreadsheet??? I have no idea what this means but it still seems like it’s a notoriety worthy of possessing…

And I’ll need to venture out into Other Threads to find The Great Chocolate Debate, but I’ll bet I can fan the flames sight unseen…

Piping hot McDonalds fries. Dipped in a McDonalds chocolate shake. There is no debate. It is All That.

(Notice my trendy use of capitalization. I am well-schooled by my teens and tweens. My every act is calculated for their maximum cringe)

7 Likes

Well, Wendy’s fries in a Frosty is better. Actually, I like dipping saltines into a Wendy’s frosty.

8 Likes

Last October, my best friend joined us at WDW and one of the things we did was MNSSHP with the Dessert Party.

This year, he husband mentioned seeing all the new Halloween desserts and she said it made her sad.

Because she knew where she could go and sit out of the crowds and have a little nibble of all the special treats and then see the fireworks from an amazing spot that didn’t involve fighting the crowds. She said she wasn’t flying coach anymore.

I agreed with her.

I get it, @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

4 Likes

I think you have to pick a color first! I think the thread was Im not going to Disney World, may have changed to i am goiny to disney?

2 Likes

hmmmm, I think ppl were just being presumptuous and requesting/demanding a color on @sanstitre_has_left_the_building’s spread sheet of those that had made the list. The list is imaginary at best… I think just a hollow threat :wink: But it’s fun to speculate… And if there is a real spread sheet I might have just secured my spot; lavender please.

3 Likes

I feel like there is one, or at least it mousematt threatened one several times, lol. Who knows. I dont even know how the color thing got started :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. The ride lines were short but it was a wasteland, totally unmagical and wearing a mask in 90 degree weather sucks.

1 Like

Mcdonalds fried dipped in their caramel sundae with nuts beats this !!

3 Likes

I can understand a bit how you’re feeling. While my trip wasn’t super magical, I did have alot of “I never noticed THAT before” walking around the parks. With less people you get to really explore, enjoy and have a good LOOK at everything. We tried to make things magical. We searched for hidden mickeys, did scavenger hunts, did Wilderness explorers, and just stopped and smelled the proverbial roses. Even since I’ve come home, they’ve added more things. But I do understand how you feel. No fast pass excitement days, reservations are a little more easy (and yet more difficult) to get, and everyone is sterilizing, and there’s no real planning you can do. But with less crowding I feel like cast member are a little more open to chatting with you for a little bit longer rather than corralling you like cattle. Even though its not 100% magical, its still got some magic left!

6 Likes

Totally with you on this one. I went for the first time last year with my then 5-year-old and became completely obsessed with Disney World. Once we returned I was quite depressed and didn’t feel “right” unless I had another booking in the bag that I could look forward to and start planning. I currently have two bookings. One next month which is non-amendable and non-refundable (I rented DVC points for a two week split stay at BRV and Poly). And one for August 2021 at AKL. But I haven’t been able to get excited about either trip recently.

I used to think that I obsessed about Disney because I had nothing else going on in my life that I could really look forward to and whilst I think that is still an important part of it, I think it is more that planning Disney trips gives me a sense of satisfaction, accomplishment and calm. Almost like I’m trying to plan the perfect, could not be beaten, trip. I think I did pretty well last time for a noob but there were a couple of unforeseen complications e.g. my son doesn’t like loud noises so we had to leave Happily Ever After and Fantasmic soon after they started. This problem would have been easily solved by using some ear defenders (purchased for our next trip). But with all the restrictions I feel like I am being done out of my do over holiday to Disney World. I also really wanted to be there at Halloween for MNSSHP as we love TNBC.

I have come to realise that it is the planning of the trip that I crave, not Disney itself. And, until I can do that with any real purpose, I don’t think we’ll be back.

Although I have dutifully made my ADRs for next month’s trip, and my American Airlines flight has not yet been cancelled, I am really just counting down to when I can commence the claim on my travel insurance to recoup my costs. I might do the bathroom…

5 Likes

As I read your excellent post, it occurs to me that we are scientists. We construct theories (our plans) and then we test them (our trips). We then evaluate them (trip reports) and improve them (next trip’s plan).

Thus your first trip was flawed (loud noises) so you’ve improved the design (ear defenders). Naturally you want to return to carry out an experiment to see if the improvement is successful. Except you can’t because the thing making the noise (HEA) isn’t there any more.

I’m currently at a new stage, which is that I’m beginning to think how trivial it all is. I follow too many Disney bloggers on twitter and I’m in too many Facebook groups. And it’s all, “Ooh! Look at this new cupcake that you can buy!” And everyone goes nuts for it. “Look at this new plush — it’s limited edition!” And everyone goes nuts for it.

And I’ve started thinking, “Really? This is what your life is? Obsessing over cupcakes and plushes?”

But I really think you’ve touched on something with your analysis. A psychologist friend of mine told me (in the context of gambling — we were on a trip to Vegas) that addiction is fed by regular, but unpredictable reward. If you gamble enough, you will win — which feels great — but you don’t know exactly when that’s going to be. But you do have to be in it to win it.

Isn’t that exactly what WDW is? There’s plenty of reward — fun — at WDW, but it’s unpredictable. Will your favourite ride be down? Will the line be too long? Will your plans work out? You had a great meal at a certain restaurant last time, will it be as good this time? Will you get great weather, or rain? Will you get the room you asked for with the great view you researched?

There are plenty of wins during a WDW trip. But a few losses, too. Maybe next time there will be more wins and fewer losses. Especially with your new, better plan. Which is why you have to go back.

But, as you say, without a plan, what are the wins? 7DMT really isn’t that good. But getting an FPP for it — there’s the real thrill. BOG isn’t that great either, but everyone wants to go there, but only you found the perfect ADR for it. Ha! You win!

There is an extra element. I’ve never planned my UOR trips. I show up, with an Express Pass or VIP tour, and I do what I want when I want. And I don’t care about the food at all. So what’s the appeal? Primarily for me, it’s WWOHP. You’re literally in Diagon Alley, straight out of the movie. Wow. Who wouldn’t want to do that again and again?

5 Likes

Not all of us do this. Im been on 7 exactly once. And I get BOG menu has no appeal, lol. But I get where your coming from. A lot of us here get that rush just from planning. Next trip will be super laid back bc I just cant plan for the unknown. So we’ll see if I feel over it after this trip. DH would appriciate it :rofl:

1 Like

We didn’t even TRY to ride it this trip. I mean. Why bother? It really isn’t worth more than a walk-on wait.

In fact, what I realized this trip is that, with a few exceptions, most rides at Disney are mediocre at best. So why keep returning? It is the “magic”. And yes…the magic felt diminished this trip.

3 Likes