Not Quite PPO Reservations

I have a Breakfast Reservation at Tusker House at 9:20am on a 9AM open. Although not a PPO time, I’m curious if anyone has ever had a reservation time like this and tried to get in with the PPO crowd?
I just really don’t want to make my mom battle through the rope drop crowd to get to our reservation. My plan was to ask a CM upon arrival…but thought I’d dip into the vast knowledge pool here first.

I don’t think you are going to get in before 9am with that reservation time. I would use the reservation finder to find something before 9am.

2 Likes

Ripe drop at AK takes place usually at least 30 minutes before opening. I think you will be behind the crowd?

2 Likes

Because of what @PrincipalTinker said, beware of time to arrive and park if you are driving. With AK regularly letting people in 30 minutes early, allow some extra time if the parks are crowded while you are there.

2 Likes

I arrived at AK at 9:05 one day and it wasn’t too crowded at the gate. There was a line to enter the park but the entry area wasn’t too congested. I suspect the RD crowd already made its way through the entry area of the park. Not sure if my situation was an anomaly or if you might see that too.

1 Like

My family had an 8:35 am Tusker ADR in June 2017 when the park opened at 8 am. We arrived at the park just after RD (by Disney bus) and it was the smoothest, least congested park entry we had all trip.

More people will show up for a 9 am opening than an 8 am opening, but I think entering the park around 9 am will be okay in terms of crowd congestion. The RD crowd will be moving to Pandora.

1 Like