Not much of a trip report

7:03. Only ones on the MK bus. DH thinks maybe we missed one. He’s becoming an expert liner. Checking the app regularly for wait times. :heart:

Yesterday was fun. DS loved the star wars stuff. Id like to do more but it was cold so we went home for a warm break. We rode SDD three times in the evening and rnrc with a long wait. But we definitely got more done than what was in plan.

Not much for pictures unfortunately but that means we were in the moment, right?

Off to SDMT!

11 Likes

Without pictures it didn’t happen. This is why the Super Liner Bros trip report, we made sure to post so many totally legit pictures!

4 Likes

This is why

5 Likes

I’m at a complete loss as far as bus expectations. It seems I hear everything from “waiting for three buses in a row” to your report of being the only ones on. I want to get my family by bus for rope drop most mornings since my kids are early risers. But I don’t want to have to wait for the bus a long time either, especially early in the morning. (I’m not as concerned about waiting for the way back.)

What hotel are you at again? Maybe it is different for value vs. deluxe?

3 Likes

Yeah. I’m starting to think the same. Buses are prioritizing deluxe? Our maybe we’re just earlier than the masses.

We’re at WL right now and buses have been great. We waited a bit, trying to get home from MK this afternoon but had to bail for a bathroom break. Then we took the boat, since the sun was finally starting to come out.

Home for a break and laundry after a rainy but fun morning. CRT food was wonderful. We’re stuffed! DD wished she could order off the adult menu but was so happy with the build your own cupcake dessert… and my chocolate mousse, too

6 Likes

Just catching up. Not gonna lie - this brought tears to my eyes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i do not know the full answer, but from my three trips sept 20, dec 20, mar 21 at multple resorts i arrived at least 75min before park opening and got on each time well before official bus starting time

so since your crew is good with early rising try being there at least 75 min before park opening — that’s 45 min before official resort bus start and you should be good

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s really helpful.

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with this report at all. Yesterday was MK, and it might have been the perfect day. It’s our least favorite park, so we didn’t feel like we had to stay all day. We got up early and got SDMT, but it was slow getting started so we were a bit behind plan. That’s ok though because PPF was next on the list and it was down for a long time. We skipped it and knocked out a bunch of fantasy land and buzz. Then DD wanted to do splash. It had been down on Friday when we were there, and was still cool so the wait was very short. DS had no interest in getting wet and was grumpy about it… Until we actually went. I got a bit wet but he didn’t at all. DD had so much fun. She giggled through the whole ride. So, we went a again!
After that, it was time for lunch at CRT. The food and location were fabulous. We didn’t love eating inside, though. This was our first indoor restaurant meal in a year and I guess we weren’t ready. It’s the only one in plan, at least.
After lunch we headed back to the hotel for a nap, laundry, and swimming. It was still cool but the kids had so much fun. We ordered pizza for dinner and debated going back for the evening. Once the kids were finally out of the pool, they did want to go back.
I’m sure glad we did, too. It was finally getting warmer out, the crowds had gone down and we got a bunch of favorites in. Teacups, carousel, BTMRR x2, and space mtn to end the night. So much fun!

Today, we’re packing up to switch hotels and then off to Epcot. I’m trying to prep DD that we’re not riding as many rides today. She’s a foodie, so I’m hoping the booths will keep her attention

Just about time to find a bus. I hope my freshly evaluated plans are wrong. They say TT is going to be 73 minutes at 10:30 this morning

7 Likes

!!! :heart_eyes:

Yea! I’m so glad!

1 Like

In line for TT. We’re towards the front but they just announced that they aren’t loading until closer to 11. Maybe that’s why our plan said 73 minutes. We’re at a screen so the kids are happy. :laughing:

2 Likes

I worry about this for my late June trip. With weather turning nicer here we will have the option to dine outdoors again soon, and probably will right up until we go to WDW. When we eat indoors there it will be our first time eating indoors in about 15 months.

Glad that the rest of the day was pretty ideal though! Sounds practically perfect in every way.

4 Likes

They said this when we were there too. Arrived 10:25 to that announcement. 10:35 they started loading ride vehicles. Hope you had the same experience! Enjoying your report!

4 Likes

Yep, you’re right! About 10:30 we started moving. I’m waiting, now, for the family at mission space. They’re spinners. I am not.

Trying to decide if we go off plan and try space ship earth this morning.

@OBNurseNH, you’ll be vaccinated by then, right?

3 Likes

I am as is DH. DD might be depending on rollout timeline as she is >16 so eligible (our governor says people in that age range should be eligible by May, so she might be done). DS won’t be as he is 13

3 Likes

Moved to beach club and the bus this morning was disappointing. We waited about 40 minutes for one to animal kingdom. When it showed up, about 7:15, it was half full.

Now we have to decide if we’re going to be too far behind the crowds and should skip FOP for this morning

3 Likes

Sorry, that’s a rough start.

1 Like

From what I remember buses often were shared with yacht and beach? With yacht being 1st stop. Wonder if there was a earlier bus but maybe filled at Yacht? I would ask because if that is the case maybe worth a walk to yacht for the bus early in the AM? Thanks for the intel though…filling away for my stay next month.

3 Likes

We bailed on FOP. We’ll hit it tonight. AK is awesome this early, away from Pandora. We’re in the EE line and it’s quiet and beautiful. Not a bad decision

6 Likes

We have a visitor in line. He’s wishing for popcorn.

5 Likes