Not Click Bait: Do you *really* want to come to FL right now?

I am hoping Trader Sam’s patio will be open again by the time we travel there! Altogether, Poly has a more outdoor feel than BLT? All choices for outdoor dining are pretty poor - it is Florida, I understand why!

I am also trying to figure out the best transportation options. Today’s resort monorail lines put BLT back in the positive column. We will have to track it!

Will you be there when they are limiting visitors? My big issue with the Poly in the last year or two us how crowded it is. So many people just visit the resort. There always seems to be about twice as many people everywhere when you compare to any other resort.

I like Trader Sam’s patio but it is an outdoor bar. I really don’t see how that is any different than any other bar.

As long as you are at DVC you have a balcony. I don’t know if I would chance a regular Poly room.

1 Like

We were at the AP preview of MK yesterday and I will say that I was very very reluctant to do any indoor dining. We still haven’t eaten in a restaurant at home. But yesterday morning we ate at the wave and then did lunch at Tony’s and I was100% comfortable. Seating at tables was spread out well. Obviously you have to make the decision you are comfortable with but wanted to share my perspective. Also, some of the QS that accepted mobile orders actually had some bottlenecks of people waiting around until their order was ready. I was more apprehensive about that than the TS (which is the opposite of how I thought I would feel prior to being there!)
Admittedly crowds yesterday were lighter than what they will likely be in October.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you! This was another factor I had thought about then forgotten: just how crowded Poly is. And then as @DisneyDayDreamin mentions, supper big and open indoor spaces might be okay too. I had been thinking Sci-Fi but this applies to the Contemporary too.

We have eaten indoors at one place and were comfortable until a bug group came in. It is so tricky because each place is a gut feel and you don’t know until you are there! The QS bottleneck is an interesting point to!

We are going to have to watch and monitor. Hearing people’s experience is so helpful too!

I posted my trip report here if you want to read about our entire experience.

2 Likes

But so close to a million outdoor spots!

1 Like

This is why I will miss park hoppers

:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

This was such a great read, thank you! If the restaurants stay like that, we will probably be fine. Otherwise, we will stay outdoors! Looking forward to tracking it!

3 Likes

Also just found this article. Is It Safe to Eat at Restaurants Yet?
If this is blocked, it was on Eater, called “Is it safe to eat at restaurants yet?” Talks about indoor and outdoor restaurants, smaller vs larger…

1 Like

On my work briefing Friday, it was stated that the State thinks the curve is flattening again.
Hopefully, this is true.

2 Likes

I am hoping the reports are the peak and it will now start to decline!

There’s been no media report of or discussion of that locally.

Seems a little early to make the decision…and at about 10,000 cases daily, being “flat” isn’t really saying much!

1 Like

True! Supposdly the cases are flattening and will flatten.

I think the bigger question is, if it took New York over 2 months to get from 10k cases a day to a stabilized postition it is in now. How long will it take Florida in a more open enviroment to reach a 4% positive rate again?

2 Likes

That’s a good question.

The thing that was a huge factor for NYC, though, was/is population density. Pretty unique to that area.

Nice article, sums up well everything I have been piecing together. It does make me realize bathrooms are probably the weak link in my family’s general safety precautions!

I just spent an hour looking at the data. I guess a reduction from 18% positive to slightly under 13% is flattening to some?

It can be done almost immediately. Stop testing. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Arizona alone is adding as many cases as the EU and the EU has 60 times the population.