Normalcy - character meet and greets and meals

Or they could maybe do “face coverings” that are in-character as opposed to masks? Maybe that have the appearance of veils or whatever might make sense for the character? An excuse to see all the princesses in wedding gowns with veils, perhaps? Or dressed for a masquerade party? Lots of possibilities. They could even sell them as matching accessories for guests to wear. (Here, Disney, take all my money…I need a different mask for every meet and greet!)

Hi there, fellow Tulsa area liner! I do wonder about Disney bringing back the $$ making extras and I can see that as a possibility, but am really in the dark as to when those sorts of things would be announced. I’m wondering about dining and paying the same for a character meal without the characters (example). I officially moved our June trip to December this afternoon and I can’t even begin to guess what it will be like in 6 months!
Locally, I think some places here opened strictly for $$$—Safari Joe’s for example and private pay community pools. All Tulsa city pools and the Sapulpa Aquatics center are not opening at all this summer. I think the Y was quick to offer summer day camp (overnight camp was cancelled) because they were already offering child care for essential workers since this all began so they already had the processes worked out. The city cancelled all day camps this summer. It’s a really weird mix between maybe being careless OR possibly over cautious not too much falling in between.

2 Likes

That’s great you were able to move your June trip! By any chance did you have the recovery dining?

Yes we originally booked for April and switched to June and had the FD added. Yesterday they automatically gave us the 35% off room and switched dates/hotel, but no other changes available (adding additional family members or changing from park hopper plus to regular tickets). I spoke to two CMs and they both made it sound like additional changes wouldn’t be an issue to do in the future, but right now they are very limited on what they can do.

1 Like

Hello fellow Tulsa liner!

Congrats on moving your trip.

Pete suggested on The Dis Unplugged Dining edition that Disney might be doing away with their dining plan altogether.

If they do, I wonder how that will effect prices and participation.

How many people only do very expensive character meals because it was covered on the dining plan, for instance?

I would not pay the same to eat at Cinderella’s Royal Table without characters. As small as that dining are is, is it even worth it for them to open it with restrictions?

Until all restrictions are lifted, I think the whole thing is a crap shoot that they will adjust on the fly to suit whatever their financial needs are at the moment while trying to maintain goodwill by blaming the virus and using phrases like “new normal” and “unprecedented times.”

After two, no three failed trips I planned for this year, I don’t even think I’m planning for 2021. Possibly 2022 but we’re planning on moving there by then so maybe just hold out for that?