Noob ADR Mistake- What I learned

Noob, first-timer here making ADR (4th time to Disney, first time having to make ADR or fast pass reservations) and I’m going to write this in case someone else comes across this.

I got up at 5:50am and was ready at 6am. Credit card entered already in MDE (thank you TP for adding that to one of your videos, because I wouldn’t have thought to do that!). I had already prioritized my list and I knew what I wanted to snag first. So far, so good.

At 6am, I quickly grabbed the restaurant in MDE and clicked “dinner” to view the times. For the first place, the time was perfect so I snagged a reservation. Hurray!

For the other reservations, we wanted EARLY times (4pm, 4:30pm) and I realized that when I clicked “DINNER” under times I was only given times around 6pm or later. I thought perhaps the reservations were all taken. Sad trombone. So then I went back and searched by SPECIFIC TIME and it displayed the 4:00pm, 4:15pm, 4:30pm times. None of these were displayed when I selected “dinner” but they were shown when I searched within that restaurant at a particular time.

Maybe I missed blog posts or videos or notes about this somewhere but it almost seems like “dinner” doesn’t start until 6 or later when you use the general search for times. So if you are looking for early evening (or later afternoon, really) then search by time.

And yes, I was able to get all of the times I wanted at all of the places I wanted. YAY!

4 Likes

Looking for specific times is a good tip to keep in mind!

3 Likes

It’s been 4 years since my last ADR’s. I will keep this in mind when I have to do mine in mid May…thanks.

I always look for specific times.

I also look for 2 rather than 1 because some places don’t play nice with solo reservations.