Non-planning enthusiasts...do they ever get excited?!?

Were you like Joey? :joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKCIMX2dsEc

2 Likes

Ummm….yup. Except not nearly as funny and without a cool hat.

1 Like

I appreciate this perspective also!! I suppose if they did add in opinions that were different than mine (GASP!!) I wouldn’t like it so much. It IS nice to just make the decisions and know that at least I will be happy with how the trip is planned out.

1 Like

My family also doesn’t care. I have long since stopped asking for any input whatsoever beyond maybe a general ask at the outset of planning, and getting their vacation days lined up now that they’re all older, which is a task in itself. We have been all over the (real) world and they know just to leave it to Mom, and not to whine because, after all, they chose not to get involved in the planning. This goes for my spouse as well!

DH and the kids show up and have fun, and never complain unless it’s something simple like they’re tired and want to go back to the room. I think it’s because they DO know the difference between TP-level planning and just getting a room & some tickets, they’ve lived through that before. So I don’t really care if they don’t give me any input, as long as they don’t complain about what we do. That’s the deal we’ve struck and everyone seems quite happy with it.

2 Likes