Non-Disney Category (IT EXISTS NOW!)

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time! I hope things are looking up soon!!

Are you still set to do W&D race weekend? I hope that is so and gives you a focus. I’ll be there and would love to meet!

I got to ride it backwards when I was a teen, some promotion they were doing. Pictured is actually the Texas Giant

Indeed I am, as well as the Dopey in January which will be a solo trip. I’m somewhat embarrassed to say I’m looking forward to that one more than my family trip over Halloween

2 Likes

Both family and solo runDisney weekends are great, in distinctly different ways.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Having 3 kids under 5 had just been wearing on me really bad lately. I needed a day away.

2 Likes

I think posting any Trip Report would be appropriate in that category. If people aren’t interested, they can just scroll by.

2 Likes

How was is? I grew up going there with my dad. DH and I took my two older kids there last summer and I was pretty disappointed.

1 Like

There have been a few requests in chat for advice about touring other parks - amusement and National. I think capturing that information in the forum where it can be searched and referenced later would be helpful to the community.

2 Likes

Color scheme fooled me into thinking it was my favorite!

I’m about to share my report. My expectations going in were pretty low, so I enjoyed it.

Something like this (see bottom right):

1 Like

SFoT is a great park when it isn’t a billion degrees. We used to live in Fort Worth and went 10+ times a summer, but never during July or August. We went in late July this year (were passing through) and it was surprising how much of a difference a few strategically placed sprinklers made. New Texas Giant is still my favorite coaster (of 400+) west of the Mississippi.

1 Like

Impressive!! I still haven’t ridden it since they redid it. I missed going for like 7 years straight I think (what happens when you have 4 pregnancies back to back! :laughing:)!

@len, did you see this request?

So a non-Disney topic? Or a non-Disney theme park topic?

1 Like

Yes an “other parks” category akin to WDW. If it’s not too much trouble, I think it would make a lot of sense organization wise. I imagine mostly one-off trip reports. I just shared a six flags trip report and it feels silly putting it here in the WDW category

1 Like

Thanks @Len!

1 Like

Very good. I subsequently moved my Cedar Point and King’s Island Trip reports to the new category.

Thanks.

1 Like

@TheProphetPaul glad you got away for a day. I hope things get better for you.