Non-Disney Category (IT EXISTS NOW!)

I’ve been having a difficult time lately, personally, and the current live report by @Randall1028 (thank you sir) inspired me to hit the local Six Flags to escape for the day. I hadn’t been to a park or on a thrill ride in ages, probably 10 years at least. It was great, but would have been better if it weren’t 95 degrees. Anyways, this got me thinking about trip reports and other Liner resources for non-Disney parks. I know @ryan1 has posted about other parks, and I’m sure there have been others. Does anyone else think it would be useful to have a separate forum category to share our experiences to help other Liners?

13 Likes

Would love to see a separate Forum for these

2 Likes

Only other pic I got worth sharing.

5 Likes

Which Six Flags is this?

1 Like

Over Texas

1 Like

I think any trip report could go into trip reports?

2 Likes

It is technically in the WDW section. But I don’t see any problem with other trip reports going in it.

3 Likes

Yes, since the original request was for a trip category where all trips, including DCL could go.

2 Likes

I was thinking a separate section from WDW to keep it cleaner. It could just be a catch-all section, like “Other Parks”. I think that if there were an explicit place for it, people might feel more comfortable to post non Disney content. But I was just curious what others think. I’m perfectly fine to share my random thoughts on six flags here, if I ever get around to it anyways.

3 Likes

Judge Roy Scream!!

Love the pics.

Sorry to hear you’ve been having a hard time of things. It was a great idea to get away from it all.

Sending :hugs: your way.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time! I hope things are looking up soon!!

Are you still set to do W&D race weekend? I hope that is so and gives you a focus. I’ll be there and would love to meet!

I got to ride it backwards when I was a teen, some promotion they were doing. Pictured is actually the Texas Giant

Indeed I am, as well as the Dopey in January which will be a solo trip. I’m somewhat embarrassed to say I’m looking forward to that one more than my family trip over Halloween

2 Likes

Both family and solo runDisney weekends are great, in distinctly different ways.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Having 3 kids under 5 had just been wearing on me really bad lately. I needed a day away.

2 Likes

I think posting any Trip Report would be appropriate in that category. If people aren’t interested, they can just scroll by.

2 Likes

How was is? I grew up going there with my dad. DH and I took my two older kids there last summer and I was pretty disappointed.

1 Like

There have been a few requests in chat for advice about touring other parks - amusement and National. I think capturing that information in the forum where it can be searched and referenced later would be helpful to the community.

2 Likes