Non-DCL Cruise Lines

Nah. It’s just the Oasis class is newer with more toys. More fun if your kids need a lot more activity to have fun.

4 Likes

Got it. Thanks!

2 Likes

This would probably be helpful. I think so much depends on what you want to do on the cruise. I assume you are looking for more relaxing versus my “please don’t let my kids be bored” vacation style! The smaller the ship the better ports in my opinion.

They are adding a new “Icon” class in 2024 that you might have seen. It’s like the one we are going on plus even more. It’s relevant to this forum because RCL has specifically called out that the new ship is designed to go head to head against a “theme park vacation.” I’m very curious if we will like a cruise as much as Disney (I highly doubt it!) But I’m positive there is a demographic out there where the “show up and have fun all day, every day” aspect of the cruise is more appealing than the stress of planning a WDW vacation. Not to mention that the all inclusive pricing of cruises is much better than the add-on everywhere WDW prices!

4 Likes

That chart is great. Thanks!

2 Likes

“More than” here!!

2 Likes

Yes. Of all the lines they have the easiest to read comparison charts.

2 Likes

When looking for a RCCL cruise, skip the Radiance of the Seas. We took that to Alaska and the ship was not great (of course this was a year or so after the Dream which was amazing).

4 Likes

I hadn’t come across the chart before. It’s quite helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Bon voyage friends! We already like it here very much!

7 Likes

Welcome to Miami, Miami, Miami…

2 Likes

Have fun!!

2 Likes

My family (myself, DW, DS13, DS13, DS10, and DD8) did a shorter 4 night with on RC’s Freedom of the Seas out of Miami with stops in Nassau and CocoCay earlier in Feb. It was our first cruise, and we all loved it. I’ve been looking at options for the next one pretty much every day since returning. The eastern Caribbean route with stops at both private islands looks awesome—CocoCay was definitely our favorite stop. Have fun!

1 Like

We’re back!! (And currently getting snowed on…) Verdict: We loved it! I can’t believe how short the 7 days felt. I think this 100% gives a Disney vacation a run for its money.

10 Likes

Truer words never spoken.

2 Likes

I think Oasis will be sailing out of NJ in 2024?

2 Likes

I believe you are correct. We are pretty torn on what to do for our next cruise though. I was in that NextCruise office 3-4 times but the offers were not compelling enough to book on the ship. After some experience under our belts DH and I decided that we want to be pickier about the ports. We would go back to Coco Cay in a heartbeat but 7 days of beaches aren’t really our thing.

Our next cruise is likely the Dream out of NJ! 4 nights Halloween on the High Seas to Bermuda.

4 Likes

Long ago (like, 4 yrs…) I decided that Oasis of Seas would be a great family vacation for us. I’m currently booked on a Princess cruise solo to see how I like cruising first though. Like you, it’s been rebooked 4 times. Hoping to sail in the fall and love it. You seem to have had a great time.

2 Likes

Looks like you all had a great time. I think 7 days of beaches would be a lot. We were happy to have 4 sea days and 2 port days. Port days are tiring if you are swimming all day and often for us are more expensive. We are looking at RCCL next so any tips you have I’d love to hear!

5 Likes

I’m looking at celebrity right now for Thanksgiving because they have some great pricing happening, better than rci. The 5yo and 10yo give me pause, though

3 Likes