Noisy neighbors - Should I talk to manager?

I am not a complainer. And I know kids are not always quiet. But, the folks in the room next to us do not speak - they scream. Unless they are out of the room or asleep, they are screaming to communicate. I know all of their names, what they are doing each day, etc. We don’t just hear snippets, we hear complete conversations in screaming voices. Anyone had a similar experience or can give advice?

Wonder if you can call the front desk?

Yes, definitely, and I’d go to the front desk instead of calling.

You may need to volunteer to be moved. If you don’t want to move, the front desk’s only alternative is to ask the neighbor to be more quiet. Some do. Others get louder in retaliation for being reported. I speak from experience.

Len

5 Likes

Ooo, that’s no fun. Would you be willing to move? Maybe if you go to the front desk or the manager with a request to move because your neighbors are too noisy, then they might be more accommodating. They might even upgrade you! I’m not sure that they can do anything about the other people, but if you’re willing to move to a new room then there might be a solution.

3 Likes

I called last night at 10:15 and she said she would relay to manager. This morning, they were up at 7:00 and I know where they will be AT. ANY. GIVEN. MINUTE. TODAY. and who is going to carry the &@&@ camera. It’s almost…and I mean almost…funny.

Sorry. I’ve had this issue at Pop. No doubt Disney has dealt w this before. No idea how they handle the situation but guess (hope) it will be handled.

1 Like

I would go to the front desk and ask to be moved. Only other alternative is to slip a note under their door asking them to kindly use inside voices. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d definitely go to the front desk and ask to be moved. Some people have no consideration for others. I feel similarly annoyed by people who TALK AT FULL VOLUME in resort hallways as they walk by other people’s rooms. Those doors are paper thin, folks! Whisper voices in the hallways :smile:

4 Likes

So, who is carrying the camera?? Just kidding. I sympathize with you. I would ask nicely to be moved, you paid way to much for your vacation to deal with that everyday. I think that would be the easiest solution. Disney won’t be able to control their noise level. Good luck🍀

2 Likes

Pls let us know what happens. Curious now.

1 Like

Woohoo! Went to front desk and was moved to another room (but we did lose the king bed). Room was ready so I slapped everything in bags and hauled it over. It’s all good!! Front desk and bellman very nice in assisting. Did miss a FPP but that’s okay. :smile: Thanks everyone!!

9 Likes

@legomaster225 - Well, I’d bet money the dad is not carrying it! That’s when I started laughing. Right after that, the two boys where chanting and they put one on the balcony and one in the hallway to separate them. They still were chanting so the dad was yelling at both of them from inside the room. Comical.

1 Like

HA! That made me laugh out loud. Great parenting, that is, ha ha! I can’t imagine dealing with it like that, wow. Well, hope your new room will be a nicer experience!

1 Like

My “horror story” was as ASM. I made a (very) last minute booking for 2 nights. I think my room was the only one on the whole side of my floor that wasn’t occupied by a large group of college kids (I think it was a Greek Society gathering). OMG. Constant LOUD traffic back and forth past the room, (different) music from rooms on either side of me, other noises best left undescribed… I left the room for the park before the custodial staff had made a sweep - bottles and cans all over the place, several puddles of vomit, and several used “items” laying around. I went to the front desk on my way to the bus and asked to me moved. Good news was that the group was checking out that day, so it would not be an issue for the second night. They didn’t offer me a comp (and in all honesty, I didn’t think to ask). I swore I would NEVER stay at a value again. And I didn’t until this past May when I, hesitantly, stayed at POP. That experience was 180 degrees out from my ASM stay, and POP has become my new favorite non-deluxe resort.

1 Like

Wonder if they can hook you up with an anytime FP? And, awesome!

2 Likes

Stayed in all the values (some multiple times) and never had an experience like that. Sorry!

1 Like

I agree that you should ask for an anytime FP! Seems like for your trouble it would be a small thing to give you. Glad it has worked out, though!

3 Likes

I managed to do single rider for the missed FPP (TT) so it worked out. I’m staying at YC. Really funny part is DH had work-related meeting a few days this week (staying at their hotel 45 minutes from YC for these nights, but will return tomorrow - whole reason we came, made it an extra vacation) and he did not know I was even thinking of talking to front desk. I sent him a text: “By the way, our room number is now ####.” His response, “What are you doing? Are you messing with me?” Seems I’ve played one too many practical jokes.

4 Likes

I’m so glad that you moved rooms. Disney is definitely one place that I won’t tolerate that kind of stuff. I know it’s a pain to move but sometimes it’s the best thing to do!

1 Like

It’s best that you moved! That family next to you would never have quieted down. It might not be in their DNA. We have friends who my mother dubbed “The Loud Family.” We adore them, but they as soooo loud! Everything they say or do is at this high decibel. If they knew that we laugh about them this way, they would be mortified. They have no idea. But still, some of the nicest people on earth (Mom, Dad and three kids.)

1 Like