No vlogging? Tokyo Disney (for now)

I don’t mind pictures, but videos are annoying. I actually preferred East WDW because he mostly utilized pictures.

Honestly, I didn’t pay attention much to influencers and vloggers when planning my trips. I found them annoying and I prefer a more honest view of the parks. Not one that is catering to be able to get the free stuff. I stuck with this forum and Disney Tourist blog for most of my information last trip.

1 Like

She showed the card and said she wouldn’t show it to spoil the game…then she proceeded to show every location IN DETAIL…and then showed the completed card anyway despite saying she wouldn’t.

From another conversation elsewhere today, may I recommend 4K WDW to you and @gingerSnaps543222 - visuals, walkthrough and either actual
Ambient sound or music. No voices. One of my faves.

3 Likes

I prefer the quiet stuff too but I do like Molly because I also don’t like sweet drinks so I adhere to her drink recommendations. Lol

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen some of them. For Disneyland it was like Document Disney or something. I’ve been leaving those in the background while I read a book or listen to music and put them on mute. Or fold laundry etc.

1 Like

Yes I put 4K WDW on my second monitor at work sometimes or here at home while I’m playing in forum or doing travel work.

I think I may have seen a couple from them. But I’ll. heck it out, thanks.

Aw heck :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t vote. I don’t - can’t because crappy internet speed - watch any media. People text me a link to a video. Sorry.

Anyway, I didn’t vote because I don’t have any experience either way.

I did see someone - maybe someone famous - at Saratoga Springs when we were in the Springs area in December 2020. I was on our balcony reading when a young woman came on to her balcony, in a wing right angled to our wing. She posed for her phone, gave her hi! I’m here at this wonderful place spiel a couple of times and then went back inside. The impression being I’ve been on this awesome balcony for hours. Whatever. I’m sure her followers aren’t taking her literally.

Those folk who do tend to be literal and that have great recall capabilities may need to adjust either activities or expectations. I don’t know why Tokyo Disney instituted a ban unless the % of vloggers to real guests (initiate partial sarcasm emoji) climbed too high. Pretty sure influencers and kids too fluent at posing for photos are here to stay.

Until the next thing comes along. :blush:

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

Like I mentioned above, they probably won’t go after people recording in the park unless it’s really obvious (like, they’ll make people take down any kind of tripod or fixed camera mount, and they may get more aggressive about stopping people from recording on rides). Instead they’ll get the posted videos taken down. I’m sure they’ll be vague about it, and continue to allow short clips in videos but retain the ability to selectively remove videos they don’t like.

They will likely add language in the ticket contract prohibiting video for non-personal use without express permission.

The vloggers who want to be successful will adjust… they’ll switch to using more info graphics and photo slideshows in their videos.

It seems that a vlogging ban would also include banning all ride through videos, and I can’t support that for two reasons:

1. ride through videos saved my first trip when my DD5 became overwhelmed and became afraid of the dark. My memory failed as to which rides had dark elements (BTMRR for example) and the only way I got her on any rides after day 1 was watching ride throughs. Which brings me to,

2. Ride through videos can be crucial for helping someone with autism or an anxiety disorder become comfotable with the parks and the rides before a trip.

The only vlogs I watch are DVC and hotel walk throughs. It would be a shame for these to go away. Otherwise I listen to podcasts.

Finally, i am a big “no spoilers” person so stay away from content that might be a spoiler. Also, @sanstitre_has_left_the_building experience is totally unacceptable. Many vloggers tell you “I’ll see you on the other side” or narrate while watching the video later. Both are perfectly fine options.

4 Likes

I don’t understand people videoing shows or rides from a Disney park for themselves. My mom did that in the 90s with her video recorder. She videoed riding BTMRR. Do we ever watch that video? Nope. I’m more likely to look at old pictures of our trips, not watch a bunch of videos. And at this point, you can find ride videos on YouTube.

1 Like

I voted no. I use vlogs for research. I consider vlogs the same as a service like Trip Advisor, but visual.
I was leaning hard toward a Harmonious dining package, but the consensus from many of the vloggers was the experience was meh. I appreciated the videos supporting their stance.

4 Likes

My initial reaction was that no, I don’t see any issue with vlogging at the parks, but then this

…made me rethink it. This has never happened to me, but I could see it having a significant impact on the experience.

I could see them completely banning filming on any fast moving and/or dark rides, but hard to picture it on something like KS or JC (just first examples that sprung to mind). And I don’t think it would be possible to enforce it / differentiate between vlogging and just filming it for yourself, aside from the complete ban on certain rides.

The thought is Disney tends to try something out first there, and depending might expand it elsewhere. So the idea (and why I created this thread) was because the thought was Disney may consider expanding such a ban to other parks eventually, starting at at Tokyo.

Notwithstanding my unpleasant experience on my first ride of MMRR — the blogger had two screens on selfie sticks, one to record the ride, the other to interact with his audience in real time, including narrating the ride — I really enjoy watching YouTube videos of WDW and UOR.

I watch almost every DFB video and mostly love AJ, though her judgement is sometimes off, and she can sometimes be irritatingly click-baity.

I’ve ditched All-Ears because I realised I only liked Molly and I’ve followed her to Mammoth Club. I love the breadth and depth of her knowledge, as well as her appealing personality. Also, her husband is hot and it’s nice to see him in the videos.

I also enjoy Taylor Strickland of Orlando Informer — he makes good videos, I love his voice, he’s kinda cute, and he’s just hugely impressive as a person in terms of what he’s achieved in business.

My life would be the less without these things. (It might also be way more productive.)

6 Likes

I had never seen a video with Molly until yesterday. She was okay…until the whole Olaf spoiler “stunt” she pulled…and then decided I probably would not watch her again. And then I realized that she left All ears, so it was moot point.

We had only just found and started watching him when he seemed to almost stop making videos entirely. He has made a few recently, although focused on HHN, so we’ll have to wait for that to pass before we start watching him again. He did seem quite knowledgeable.

See Taylor’s history. Pretty amazing that he became CEO and owner of OI at (I believe) 18 years old.

1 Like

I voted Yes. We ended up in line/on ride with a person live streaming on MMRR and found it very intrusive.

1 Like