No virtual queue

Just saw this on Twitter. Can’t verify, anyone else?

4 Likes

He’s usually pretty reliable.

1 Like

I wonder if RotR will start using it again.

It wasn’t reported but I wouldn’t be surprised?

1 Like

WDWNewsToday just shared the same thing on Facebook.

After riding it in October w/ almost an hour wait WITH the virtual queue, it isn’t on my to do list for next weekend. VQ, Standby, or ILL.

1 Like

Also booo.
I have one day at Epcot on my trip this month and I don’t want to spend it in line!!

WDWMagic have also put in on their news page. They don’t usually do that with speculation until it’s confirmed.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/ratatouille/news/06jan2022-standby-line-coming-to-remys-ratatouille-adventure-at-epcot.htm

edit: this is a quote from the article, so Disney must have announced it:

Disney said today in the announcement that, “virtual queues continue to be helpful with the launch of popular attractions and the debut of new experiences and offerings, so we may use it again from time to time for select attractions in the future.”

1 Like

As someone just posted:
Why give it away for free when they can charge for it.

4 Likes

In other words, GotG and Tron, most likely.

4 Likes

It’s also reported on Disney Parks Blog.

2 Likes

The good news is that Remy can be now rope-dropped or at-close.
With the BG line being long, I was unhappy about that. If they’d kept the BG line short, I’d have hoped the BG would have stayed for awhile.
So, Liners, time those waits so there will be good data for me! I’ll do the same.

6 Likes

I don’t remember the line times before ILL was added. Did it move fast?

I haven’t been yet, first trip in a few weeks. But, I’ve been watching the reported waits on days with similar CL’s as expected for mine. It was dismaying for a BG ride. Reasonable for standby for a new ride, but long for boarding groups. So, it seemed like the worst of both options. You couldn’t get into standby at open or close, but you had a long wait unless you paid ILL$$$ money.

When I got my Squeak Peek, I was surprised at how quickly the line moved and wondered why they needed a virtual cue for the ride. The next time I rode was w/ a BG and it was much slower to load than w/ the Squeak Peek b/c they had different lines to load from: BG & LL. But hey, it’s about the money I guess.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this update.