No Single Night Stays October 14 - December 5

WDW will not allow single night stays from Oct 14- Dec 5.
I have a single night booked at the beginning and end of my trip in 45 days. Those nights would have been added into my package if they didn’t hoard rooms all summer. I’m stressed they’re going to cancel me. (Read horror stories on Twitter.)
Hopefully, they will notice I have a five night stay in between. :weary:

1 Like

I sure hope not! That would be strange if they do.

1 Like

I thought they said this would not affect any reservations that were already made. I hope they don’t cancel on you. This does explain why I have not been able to add a night to my October trip. I have been trying the last few weeks and absolutely nothing was coming up available.

4 Likes

I just heard this today too. I hope it won’t impact your trip. Is this a new thing?

1 Like

I hope that is the case. I’m weary because I made a one night reservation a few weeks ago and it ended up canceled. At first they said it was fine, but by the third call after not receiving a confirmation they said it had been canceled. They couldn’t tell me how/why, but it makes sense now.
I just hope there’s notification if it happens. A user on Twitter said they were never notified.

I don’t know. I’ve never booked room only/single night stay. That’s why I’m worried. Oh, well. If I show up and they don’t have a room I will … cry.

1 Like

I would cry too.

Soooo, it looks like I can do a one night on DVC…… I’ve not tried to push it all the way through and this info says it starts tomorrow. Part of me wants to push it and see :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

DVC is completely different and there’s no way they can limit one night DVC stays.

3 Likes

I have never had an issue adding on one night room only reservations to extend a DVC stay before.

Due to a recent and substantial flight schedule change, I had been trying to add a single night on the front end of our trip in Nov, separately online but nothing was available from my end. Then last week I saw that there were two nights available on the same dates I was looking for, but still, not a single night availability. When I clicked on “change reservation” it gave a phone number that I had to calI, so I did, and they were able to modify and extend my stay on the front end.

1 Like

I understand not being able to book but are they cancelling reservations?!! I have a one night reservation in Nov but it’s a DVC rental. I hope it’a safe, yikes.

1 Like

DVC members confirmed you should be fine. At risk are those (non-DVC) without a package attached to their stay.
Hopefully, they are intuitive enough to see some of us do have a package on a different reservation. They caused the problem by not releasing enough rooms. I would have gladly added the additional nights on to my package, but there were no rooms. :roll_eyes:

I would hope that they wouldn’t cancel the reservations of those w/ reservations just b/c they don’t meet some new arbitrary rule. It would be really bad PR on their part to cancel anyone’s reservation w/o notice or force them to hold to the new rule to stay. I would think they would honor existing reservations.

They can’t restrict DVC reservations nor can they arbitrarily cancel them, so you are fine!

But I don’t think there is any evidence of them cancelling regular reservations either. This is just a “news story” based on some observations of inventory manipulation. I doubt it’s even really a new practice. I don’t really think this is an issue.

2 Likes

I believe the new policy is real, but don’t think (hope) they are cancelling rooms already booked/paid. They canceled my one night reservation at Swan for 11/3. They never told me why, but I’m guessing the new rule is the reason. Glad I stayed persistent hounding them about an email confirmation. Otherwise, I think they would have said too bad - that reservation was never confirmed and you can no longer book a single night stay.

2 Likes

Why are they doing this? Should I be nervous? I booked a AKL Jambo value studio for one night to extend the beginning of my trip in January via DVC although paying cash. There are no DVC rooms available in any category in any hotel for all of January, otherwise I would have added on to my DVC ressie.

You should be fine as it’s only supposed to last through December 5th and you’re already booked. Someone said they are trying to limit locals from staying one night just to go to a party, or to watch fireworks. Not that it makes sense, considering Christmas time is busy - just something I read.

2 Likes

There are rooms available. I only needed one night which we now know you can’t do. But if I added another night, no problem. This was for 10/17, you would think they would like to at least book it for one night.

1 Like

This is something I’ve considered as a local. Good thing I have DVC :crazy_face:

1 Like

hmmmmmm and same language for FL residents but it’s only a 20% disc.

That seems so odd. We just got back from a Disney Cruise and stayed two nights at ASMo before cruise and one night at GDT after the cruise. Glad we had a room when we got to GDT after the cruise. Why wouldn’t they take my money for one night?? Sounds strange.

1 Like