NO Resorts until June 1st

The pastor was just arrested for holding service. People just don’t get it!

3 Likes

I went through same thing last fall but I had the fever.

Quoted from our Disney TA email

“At this time, the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort call centers will not be taking any new bookings for the months of April and May. New bookings for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Aulani Resort will be available for stays starting June 1, 2020.”

1 Like

I was sick in February, diagnosed with Pneumonia mid-Feb and I live in Monmouth County, NJ.
Recently (because we’ve been so busy) I’ve been interviewing patients who have been diagnosed and the CDC reviews them. All of this data is supposed to help them figure all of this stuff out.
Based on the interviews both myself and my co-workers have had they make me think I did indeed have it. DH doubts that theory. If they do put out a test at some point to see if people have had it I know I will definitely try to get it done.

3 Likes

Definitely possible you had it! Especially the loss of taste / smell seems pretty characteristic.

Yes, that was one of the things the CDC found, when initial interviews showed that this was a symptom many people had, it was put on the list to ask them about. I spoke to a woman today that completely lost her sense of taste for over a week. Her DH didn’t believe her until she took an entire tablespoon of wasabi sauce and showed him - look - nothing!

2 Likes

Reminds me of a scene from The Hustle with Rebel Wilson (I may be the only one who saw it but it was a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels that came out last year). She is trying to convince her target that she is blind so she eats food that has been wiped in the toilet as evidence that she didn’t see Anne Hathaway’s character do it.

In short, the woman could have been faking but would have to be the greatest con artist alive to make it work!

Well, we finally made a decision…as much as OUR decisions play much of a role in anything related to timing these days.

But we’re cancelling our May 10-20 trip dates and trying to move to June 10-20 instead. Will one additional month be enough? Who knows…but the house we have rented in May has June 10 availability, so hopefully we can switch without losing anything. If June doesn’t pan out, we have another house rental booked for August, but we’ll end up being out the money for the current house rental. Unfortunate, but not a huge loss, fortunately.

It took a while for us to come to this decision, and it pains us to lose out on the AK DAH event…but when I call to cancel the AK DAH, and also to change our ticket dates, I think we’ll convert our tickets to park hoppers so that we can have a bit more flexibility in lieu of the DAH event.

Sigh

It will be annoying if, after booking the change, this thing lasts beyond June.

Anyhow, not yet sure how to even make plans for June. It is like starting all over, but with the rules of the game having been changed on us.

3 Likes

@ryan1I don’t even think that there are rules. If there are, no one has shared them with me!: We are in a holding pattern for our May 29-June 4 trip.

1 Like

I feel like the rules of life have been changed.

Glad you made a new plan.

Tough call, but a certain relief comes with setting up a new plan. Lower risk by waiting a month. I feel for ya. Whenever it takes place, i am certain y’all have a good time.