NO Resorts until June 1st

Just looking around the WDW website… no resort availability until June 1st.

definitely assuming they turned off the website, not that it was full to capacity

Probably blocked from booking more than booked up. As a stopgap until reopening is determined. Not as a signal that it will be shut until the. (Though it may be)

6 Likes

This is disconcerting. I needed a few mintues to think about it but came to the same conclusion as @OBNurseNH

We have a reservation for 5/22 - 5/26. Until they cancel it, I’m staying hopeful.

When they reopen, they’re going to need to try to control as much as they can. Blocking the reservations will give them a chance to keep the guest count low.

3 Likes

yes. definitely assuming they turned off the website, not that it was full to capacity.

1 Like

Reports that ADRs are now blocked too.

Not to be a negative Nancy, but Massachusetts just instituted a “request” if you come from out of state to quarantine yourself for two weeks. Florida is now becoming a hotspot but hasn’t instituted “stay at home” regulations and such yet. Their delay is detrimental. Therefore I think it’s going to be at least 3 months. :cry:

1 Like

RI just announced that today too.

1 Like

Parts of Florida have…

3 Likes

To counter my negative prediction, I have been watching Disney youtube videos, mostly DFB and DISUnplugged. I have to say they cheer me up. Really hoping we can keep our 2021 trip, and truly hurt for those who have had to reschedule and delay. Stay well.

1 Like

The Florida Governor is banning, temporary rentals, as they are discouraging people from New York and Louisiana, from traveling TO Florida, spreading the virus from hot spots TO Flordia.

3 Likes

I would think there have to be at least a huge downturn in the whole country for them re-open to not discriminate who can go to Disney. Maybe it would open to Florida residents first.

1 Like

Florida is, though, a literal hotspot of atypical flulike illness (which may or may not be covid19). Google smart thermometer. The data should have authorities in FL scrambling to get ready for what is to come there!

3 Likes

The information on the Disney website changed. It does say bookings are 6/1 or later.

There is also an interesting sentence about possible special offers for those impacted by the closure.

Starting to look like they don’t have any plans to reopen before June…

1 Like

There are some specifics here…

1 Like

I’m sticking with my prediction of a Labor Day reopening.

1 Like

That’s probably fairly realistic. But if they are able to open earlier, they would probably open bookings up at the last minute.

Oh. I’m not saying they can’t or won’t ultimately, but I have to think that this date is going to become somewhat of an internal goal. If they can open early, how many bookings will be left and without new ones, is it going to be worth it? Maybe when they reopen a flood gate comes with it… But I think if it’s prior to June 1 it’s going to be a ghost town as of now. But things change on this situation daily, so who knows… Man do I hope we get good news as a world to discuss soon.

2 Likes

On the other hand, I can still book DAH for dates in May even though dates through April 7 have been cancelled.

Of course, it is probably difficult for Disney to catch everything on their website, so it may not mean anything.

Agreed, and I would think that might even almost be a goal.

1 Like