No QS @ Yacht Club?

I see that Touring Plans includes those choices as BW food places but except for Leaping Librations (the pool bar- like Hurricane Hannah’s) the other choices are on the Boardwalk. I think of the wooden Boardwalk as a separate area from the resort. Maybe that is wrong, but it is how I have always looked at it.

I believe that when you are staying at EP area resorts you need a park hopper ticket because World Showcase is the greatest collection of QS choices you will ever find.

2 Likes

I did a Crescent Lake tour in 2018. I really like the BC (aesthetically)… but I can’t stay there. I don’t/can’t eat seafood, or even smell it. That darn Cape May seafood buffet odour wafting in all directions is a deal breaker. As soon as we passed the Yachtsman, I said “what’s that smell?” None of the fam picked up on it, but to me it was 5 alarm. By the time we got to the BC lobby… no bueno.

1 Like

:joy: Ok, well that’s out.

1 Like

Yes… like YC and BC, BWI makes you go outside for (almost) all QS. I give BWI more forgiveness on this front, due to the overwhelmingly more plentiful selection in that regard. But if it’s raining, all 3 resorts are failing their customers on that score. Would it really have been so hard to stick one small chick-fil-a clone in these places? Really?

1 Like

Quoted for truth. I have thought about that a lot.

1 Like

I’ve stayed at BC and YC recently and would vote YC every time. I’m still not sure which meal you are most concerned about. We eat breakfast in the room, bagels, fruit, etc. Lunch is usually at the park. We head back to the room for some down time then are back to the park for dinner and evening entertainment. The kids love to go to Beaches and Cream for ice cream.

All meals. We take at least one, sometimes two days off from the parks. On top of that, we don’t hit the parks on arrival or departure days. And even on park days, we head back to our resort by no later than 4pm, so supper is typically at the resort no matter what day you’re looking at. That adds up to many meals at the resort. They can’t all be TS, when that’s all added together.

I’d have a hard time giving up the YC pool for sure. On resort days, I would plan to walk around Crescent Lake since you won’t be wiped out from the parks. I’d also grab breakfast items from Boardwalk or France the night before. And actually, France has several sandwiches that you could grab on the way out for dinner that night.
I would also probably plan to eat QS lunch on most of the park days and do 1 or 2 TS dinners those days.

1 Like

This is why we started staying at BC / YC. Our prior visit we stayed at AoA and after so many meals at the food court I couldn’t do it anymore. My TA suggested BC/YC for the convenience of eating anywhere in the world.

We have also stayed at BCV most recently and make dinner a few times (frozen pizza, lasagna) and almost all breakfasts which is very nice.

1 Like

Hmmm…since you will have so much time away from the parks, YC would be a great match. Awesome pool! I understand your meal predicament. YC gives you access to many options but if you know you will definitely be eating at the resort maybe it isn’t the best choice for your family. On the other hand…maybe it it time to branch out and try some of the restaurants close by??? Either way, you will not be disappointed…it’s DISNEY!

1 Like

Don’t forget you have the Swan and Dolphin within easy walking distance too. Picabu is open 24 hours and does some pretty good food. Their taqueria far exceeded our expectations.

1 Like

And then, last night, DD11 drops “what about All-Star Movies, or Pop Century?”

You. Did. Not. Just. Say. That. So now I have to start a whole new branch of research… on Father’s Day Eve you do this to me? Yes, Father’s Day Eve, patent pending.

3 Likes

:rofl: Well, you’ll save $300-400 a night at pop, so now you can afford all those TS meals again. Problem solved!

4 Likes

Yeah but you’ll have to go somewhere else for those TS meals and you might get sick of the food court food. I feel like 2 breakfasts and 2-3 lunches/dinners would be all I would want there.