No purchase button for genie plus

You’re welcome!

The system is so fluky! The night before our first park day, we waited until after midnight to add it, and had no option to do so. My son went down to talk to the Guest Services night shift person, and he was able to add it from his end? The next night, I tried to add it a few minutes after midnight, and no dice. At 12:19 AM I tried again, and the option to purchase was there. I added it no problem. What I did though was sign completely out of the app and sign back in. On the Home screen (not on the My Day screen), the prompt to add Genie briefly appeared, and I wasn’t quick enough. So I repeated the steps, and when the message appeared on the Home screen again, I clicked it right away. From that point on, I did the same thing every morning, and never had another problem. Weird!

1 Like

Thanks for the number have now included it in my notebook where everything Disney goes at the moment.

4 Likes

this happened to me once and i went to Plan my day and “planned” a day and then it asked at the end if I wanted to purchase G+ and that worked

2 Likes

So this happened to me yesterday. I went to buy Genie Plus at 6:00 am and had no option to purchase for that day (although due to my specific issue it showed up on other days). I called the number in this thread for IT support, but the message said they opened at 7:00 am. I googled a bit, and found a number for website support: (407) 939-4357

I called that number and they actually had an option if you were trying to buy genie plus for that day. Someone picked up the phone immediately and was eventually able to get it sorted out.

I had two tickets on my account - a 2 day with genie plus and a one day (which you couldn’t buy genie plus in advance for one day tickets). Although I was planning to use the one day ticket yesterday and had already called to have that one prioritized, because of the other ticket the app thought I already had genie plus. It took about 45 minutes on the phone and two escalations to fix it so I was glad I called early!

3 Likes

That’s strange. I’ve used the number listed up thread every single day and they were open before 7am. One cast member told me they open at 6. I haven’t had to use any other number.

I had the same issue. I was finally led into a purchase screen that worked when I tried to “book experience” in the top board.

I wondered if it would work after I tried to schedule a LL I needed to make sure I had an early time on a couple of rides.

You could cancel and reschedule I think. I found this so frustrating. I’m an AP holder staying at Swolphin, I wondered if that combination caused issue.

Reloading app did nothing for me.

1 Like

Today I asked guest services and she asked if I was an annual pass holder. She said they were having that issues for APs.

And here I thought I was losing it last Sunday when I couldn’t figure out how to buy it forever. Finally did the click through to select a lightning lane and it gave me the option to buy.

Maybe for AP holders that is the only way to get them to take our Genie+ money?

2 Likes

It’s so obnoxious. I have had to wake up at 6 every morning to call the IT #. One morning I waited until 6:50 and ended up with a 15 minute wait and missed the 7am selection. It was fine but it’s pain to have to wake up every morning to add G+ and then again at 7 to make selections.

Edited for typos.

2 Likes