No purchase button for genie plus

I am trying to buy G+, but the button to purchase is not there. I have tried deleted the app, resetting my phone, going through the photo section there is no way to buy it. Any suggestions? I bought it yesterday but I had to go through the photo lenses section. Today even that won’t work. We are a party of 5. 4 have it on their ticket and one does not. Thank you.

1 Like

Oh man :frowning:

No advice. Sorry that happened to you. I think I’ve seen it happening randomly to a few other people but I have no idea how they fixed it.

1 Like

I had this problem in January. If I remember correctly, I think I was finally able to find a purchase button by clicking on a ride and then choosing LL.

Unfortunately, that takes more time and the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: system should work right the first time!

2 Likes

Thank you!

In case anyone else ever has this…

I called the IT line. They answered immediately (no wait at all) and the cast member was able to add it. We still don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

I used the phone number someone shared on here. So thank you to whomever that was.

Disney IT: (407) 939-7765

8 Likes

Thank you. I tried that but I’m going for an early slink dog so I didn’t want to wait. Ha!

The IT case member got it for me.

2 Likes

Excellent… I was also trying to think back 5 months. I do remember how frustrating it was!!!

Enjoy!

1 Like

This is going to prove problematic if they don’t solve this problem before forcing everyone to buy it day of!

8 Likes

I just emailed the number to myself.

That will be the quickest way to search for it if panicking at 6:50am!

2 Likes

Why not save it in your contacts?

I have a whole slew of Disney numbers in my phone - all under Disney, and labeled for what they are.

I would never find something like a phone number buried in my email

8 Likes

Honestly, I didn’t even think about that. To be fair, I had only been awake about 30 minutes when I did that. I’m usually not that oblivious to obvious solutions.

7 Likes

Did you have your day set up in advance on Genie? If so, one thing I had to try when I was down there was going back to my Home screen. On the Home screen there was a prompt (briefly) to buy it. Not sure why I had to do that, but it worked for me.

1 Like

OMG that is a genius idea! It would never have occurred to me. I’m now going to start following this up whenever someone posts a useful number.

Thank you! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

They don’t call me the voice of reason for nothing :wink:

12 Likes

I always thought that was referring to your peacemaking skills. :grin:

2 Likes

Peacemaking :laughing:

Yeah, wrong girl :laughing:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hi, I had the same issue yesterday. I wanted to pre-buy Genie+ before they discontinue pre-sales on June 8. I could not purchase it on the app or via my account on the website. I called and the team member had to place me on a hold as they were experiencing “magical enhancements” but after a wait she was able to get IT to add Genie+ to my tickets.

2 Likes

This is what I did. I labeled it Disney IT. When I was half asleep this morning I was thankful I didn’t have to search for the number.

4 Likes

I have seen it for a second on the Home Screen. If that happens tomorrow, I will try to click it super fast. Thank you!

1 Like

Agree. It has been a pain to buy it both days. I tried at midnight and again at 6 am. I don’t understand how the IT cast member could see to buy it and I couldn’t. Oh well, at least I know to call them first thing.

1 Like