No parks - a first for me

Hi everyone! My 13yo DS and I are traveling to Orlando for his volleyball tournament and decided to stay two nights in Pop Century. This is our first time staying in this resort and we don’t have the funds to swing theme park tickets. Wondering what non-park activities you would suggest? I already booked a reservation for Homecomin’, his favorite restuarant, and plan to spend time in Disney Springs. I think we will also try and go over the Poly one evening to watch the fireworks from the beach (do they still pipe the music outside for the show?). I couldn’t remember if I needed a dining reservation if I was getting off the monorail (plan to bus from Pop to Magic and monorail to Poly) or if they will just let us in on June 29.

I welcome all suggestions of magical things we can do and enjoy!

No, you have no issues if you are either walking or using WDW transportation. That’s true for all WDW hotels.

2 Likes

Typically the only day they don’t allow access to the beach for fireworks for non-resort guests is 7/4. You’ll be fine on 6/29

How about a round of mini golf?

1 Like

Take boats from DS to OKW for Olivia’s, or to POFQ for beignets.

Cirque de Soleil.

Hoop de do revue.

Take a bus to HS, then walk/boat to Boardwalk to see evening activities. Also do a Skyliner loop from EP IG back to HS.

Watch a movie at a resort or at the theatre in DS.

Do a resort tour (visiting resorts you have never seen).

1 Like

This website is run by fellow liner, @limegreenmonorail , and it lists all of the resort activities each month. You could take the Skyliner to CBR, BW, BC, or Riviera. You could also walk to AoA.

3 Likes

Funny you should mention mini golf. When we went to WDW in December, our package included 1-day admission to DWWS or mini-golf. We didn’t use them at the time, but today when I looked in My Disney Experience, they are still listed as available. I might try to book a time to play using those. Any idea the best place to ask about whether these are really active and available?

2 Likes

This is great! Thank you!

If it’s in your profile it still works to my understanding

I have one too actually from January

I suppose you could call ticketing to ask for sure though. 1 (407) 939-7679

1 Like

Catch the skyliner to the Epcot area and spend some time on the Boardwalk. We did this in January and they had some good performers (magician and acrobats) performing and it’s such a pretty area at night. We walked to the mini golf from there too. Maybe late afternoon mini golf followed by dinner on the Boardwalk?

2 Likes

Dinner on the Boardwalk and some ice cream from the Beaches & Cream window!

3 Likes

There’s the evening campfires at the resorts. I just learned that for the Fort Wildnerness one Chip n Dale are there. Fort Wildnerness also has some recreational activities like archery.

4 Likes