No media preview for Galactic Starcruiser

Does anyone, besides me, find it strange that there has not been any media preview for Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser?
Wouldn’t they want its magnificence to be well known, if there is such magnificence to publicize?

I’m not talking about their own media production. I’m talking about news outlets.

Media previews are underway this week at Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser, and although most details are being kept under wraps until Friday, a few tidbits are beginning to appear.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/news/22feb2022-first-look-at-the-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-magic-band.htm

4 Likes

It’s happening this week, with the embargo lifting Friday. So you’ll see a flood of “reviews” from people who got to do it for free (which likely means relatively positive).

Len & Jim talked about in on this weeks “Disney Dish” podcast.

4 Likes

Well, you’re way more informed than I, apparently. :grin:

1 Like

I haven’t heard this week’s yet. Now I’ll have to. Thanks

Interesting that the databands are not the new upcoming ones. A lot of people speculated that they would be, and that that would be the beginning of the rollout.

2 Likes

I think they are holding it back so they can get as many reservations in before the public sees how far they missed the mark…

8 Likes

I think you won The Internet for the day.
Also, I suspect that anyone willing to fork over the big money will be enough Star Wars nuts that they might be more forgiving than media.

1 Like

It’s also worth remembering that this week is media invites that generally would like to get invited to the next media preview event. As a result I would wager we will not see scathing commentary from the comped media folks. I would wait for the first reviews from the paying public, which does include Len, for the info to make my decisions.

6 Likes

At some point over the years, I discovered the difference between recaps and teviews. Recaps geneally restate what happened, with some basi. criticisms and complements. Reviews, in the other hand dig deep and give the good, the bad, and the ugly within the broader context of the show, or even literary history.

I think of the media previews as a recap. The good people are going to describe their experienece - which should include highlights and misses. But I don’t expect a deep dive, or feedback on how they would have felt shelling out the enitre cost.

6 Likes

I have friends who are podcasters/travel agents/Disney-recognized social media influencers who have been there this week. No deets so far.

2 Likes

I believe they are embargoed until late day Friday

2 Likes

Yes. I was just saying I know people who are/have been on it.

1 Like

If there’s any sort of bad review that is displayed after the 25th and before the masses go, I gotta take that to mean that is a SERIOUS problem because, as it’s been mentioned, all these trips were comped and these are the same people who crawl through broken glass to snuggle up to Disney so they get more free stuff.

So if they don’t have good things to say… it’s gotta be 1000x worse for the average goer.

Side note: anyone wanna schem-er-postulate with me on how to make this trip a big tax write off? :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh gotcha. That makes sense :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

From what I heard on the Disney Dish podcast, the people that have been there so far all think it’s great, just not worth the high cost.

Set up a YT page and blog, incorporate yourself, and boom. Write it off.

3 Likes

And become the thing I hate.

Also: effort.

5 Likes