No Kids Just Grownups: OBNurseNH and DH Celebrate Valentines Day In the World

Where is that??

1 Like

Yeah, it would be easy to miss unless you are standing or walking near it.

2 Likes

This looks like so much fun!!

1 Like

What a great start to the trip! My son can’t wait to see Kevin, I hope he is still around in May. The Bark o Later is very entertaining. I love no-kid trips but I’d have to take a friend or two over my husband. Or go solo (my favorite). He’s a picky eater and complains more than the kids do! Essentially my 3rd child.

5 Likes

How long has it been there??

I don’t know. But it was there in May 2018 when we were there.

2 Likes

It was VILLAINtines Day today! Who knew?!

21 Likes

Oh my gosh! How incredibly fun!

I totally screwed up and mostly just ate my food at Cali Grill and took almost zero photos. :scream:

It was really good food. There were a couple of minor misfires and we were, I think, in the same small room that Profmatt hated so much, but overall it was a nice night out.

21 Likes

:frowning: Missed

13 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day. … but how can you not have a happy one at WDW? I hope that you have a wonderful day @OBNurseNH and that your DH ‘spoils you rotten’.

4 Likes

Where did you catch Divine? I have been looking for her for a long time, I never seem to be in the right place at the right time. Just going to miss you, I am heading back down Monday.

1 Like

Time stamp shows 11:40. We’ve only seen her twice and I think the last time was on a later arrival as well have never seen her with the kids. They are jealous! :joy:

3 Likes

I have only seen her once probably about 10 years ago, not sure. What part of the park was she in?

Ok. So thoughts on my Cali Grill dinner experience

Dinner was good. Very good even.

I was disappointed in table location, however that room could be nice and intimate to some people. But It was very loud. We could hear the kitchen barking out orders throughout. I could have done without that. And from my seat in particular I could see into a back room kitchen or prep area of some sort. At least I also could see them using the Cavi-wipes frequently :joy::joy:

We could not see the fireworks even a little bit from that location and it was too cold to go on the observation deck (and DH is terrified of heights, a detail I forget again and again). We are seeing them in park tonight so that’s ok.

Also, the misfires:

1. I had the one duck two stones dish. It was off the hook delicious. Hubby said I looked like I was really enjoying myself :wink::wink: But it does come in two courses. I had ordered sushi as an appetizer and before that was even out, and also barely minutes after the bread arrived, the first of the two portions was served. Now I know this could be confusing for a server at Applebee’s but at a top end dining establishment like Cali Grill, they should know very easily how to pace service to incorporate a small complexity like that.

And

1. each time we were making our way to or from our table, we were practically shoved aside by wait staff rushing back and forth. IMO and IME it is polite and respectful service for the client to be heeded the right of way in such situations.

But it was delicious. I would go again but request to wait for a table on the other side or at least out in the main.

13 Likes

She’s right after the tapstiles. She roams that area.

1 Like

That’s where I thought she was, when I saw her she was over in Asia. Thanks for the help I will be looking for her again next week.

1 Like

Good advice

1 Like

In retrospect do you wish that you had asked the server to take the dish away and hold/serve a fresh dish 30 minutes later?

22 Likes