No 2015 Countdown? There's a Support Group for that

Welcome! We will survive together!

1 Like

Thanks! 2014 was a great Disney year, though I didn’t set out to plan it that way, so who knows what 2015 will bring!

4 Likes

Hello @castledweller! We will survive.

It’s been a quiet do-nothing day at my house. It’s been so hard to resist looking at prices!

Just so you know Jodi that made my day!!!
Also I hope Campbell is 1/2 the kid Matthew is when she is his age. I wish you a great and happy 2015.

3 Likes

I’m in your boat - we can all do this together

1 Like

What a great year you had! Hoping 2015 is a year of getting better!

2 Likes

You and me - annual pass and TIW burned a hole in my brain. When DS10 began flying alone to meet me at WDW I began to think we had a problem. The staff at resorts began to recognize us by face and HDDR cast know Matthews name & birthdate & say hi all the time. I guess technically my countdown is 178 days, but I’ve never really counted before, we just went.

Grrrr - being a responsible grownup sucks.

4 Likes

I could have added the soothing tone and rhythm of your voice, but didn’t want to overwhelm you with requests from others for voice over work.

4 Likes

I kind of think if we can make it back to post-winter-break normalcy, then it might be easier to resist booking a trip.

You think? I always feel like January and February are the months I NEED to plan the most. Maybe it’s just the northeast but the dark, cold winters are just so dreary and planning something FUN makes it bearable.

1 Like

You’re probably right. It’s cold here too, although it isn’t dark. Plus, I always get some sort of cough-of-doom after a virus in Jan/Feb and that makes it worse.

1 Like

I think it is why my annual trips have always been in April. I always end up booking them days after Christmas.

YES! This is exactly the week - holidays over, freezing cold, seems like 4 hours of daylight - when I start buying gardening magazines and planning spring break.

1 Like

Maybe you could plan a bunch of fun local activities for spring break this year. It really will be worth it if you can resist spending the money you’re saving.

Aww thanks for including me. Even if you had me pegged as someone totally different ;). I thought you and Matthew were hysterical and really the two brief meetings I had with other liners were the real highlight of our trip.

I guess I’m alone in not being sad about not having a countdown. I mean it’s not like we don’t want to go back, but really i’m so thankful for having gotten to go and we had so much fun. I know we’ll be back one day and I can wait until that happens. It would probably be different if I were used to going once a year but this was the first time I’d been back in ten years so waiting two or three more doesn’t seem so daunting to me.

My only regret from our trip is that we were so planned out that we didn’t spend more time getting to know people. I’d really like to make it back down one of these days during one of the crazy weekends when everyone is going to be there. But I got to meet @kelij and her awesome family, @magicmn and Matthew, @joannes1959 and Roger, @bgk and his mother, @MrTomMorrow, and @Camsdad. I’m normally super awkward meeting new people but you guys all felt like old friends and I wish we’d gotten to see more of you.

So I will happily support those of you that are sad, but I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot of other things to look forward to so I’m doing pretty well!

And @MagicMN I say after all you’ve been through you should skip Celebration and go right to Golden Oaks lol. And don’t forget to keep a spare room that’s only for Chicagoan’s lol.

5 Likes

Oh I’d forgotten about your trip to HK DisneyLand. Did you do a trip report for it and I missed it? I’d love to read about your experience there.

1 Like

Well I spent yesterday researching Disney cruises for 2016. I might be able to make the planning least all year! maybe having a travel-free 2015 won’t kill me after all.

2 Likes

Would it help you guys to make touring plans and stuff for my trip? Or would it make you miserable?
I could use the help if you think it might help you guys!

2 Likes

Let me get a bit more well and I’ll happily help @quicha. Remind me in a week or so if I forget. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got it señora!

1 Like