Night time shows

Hello!
We are a group of 10 going to DisneyWorld the last week of February. Kids will be 5,7,8,10. We won’t be doing afternoon breaks, instead will do two parks days then an off day then 2 parks days an off day then one more park day. I think it will be too tiring for the kids if we try to do all the evening shows. We plan to to rope drop in the mornings so we can’t be out late every night. Magic Kingdom fireworks are a must. I was also thinking of Epcot’s. I think we will skip Fantasmic due to concerns of it being too scary. That leaves the StarWars show (which right now does not show that it is playing) as well as Rivers of Light. What would be your top four choices in order of most important to see?

Thank you!

MK and Star Wars for me. Since it will be the new EP show, I can’t comment but we skipped Illuminations because it was dull. I’ve only seen ROL on YouTube and couldn’t even sit through it so we skipped that. F! wasn’t as good as I remembered it.

1 Like

Thank you! I watched some of ROL on youtube and thought the same but was thinking perhaps it was more exciting in person :slight_smile:

1 Like

MK fireworks are the only must-do for us with littles, but I’d like to fit Star Wars in next time, if it’s offered.

1 Like

I’m hoping to see Star Wars at HS on my next trip! MK fireworks are the only must, as was mentioned. ROL is dull. F! is great and you’d probably love it but if your kids aren’t up to it, it’s ok to skip. The new Epcot show is the wild card, but I thought Illuminations was fantastic.

1 Like

I loved HEA, loved F!, and thought RoL and Illuminations were both good but I wouldn’t go out of my way to see them again. I haven’t seen the Star Wars show, but Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam was not good.

1 Like

What did you not like about it?

I agree that HEA is a must. I haven’t done ROL so can’t comment. We did the Star Wars Dessert Party and I loved that, though wasn’t as impressed with the actual show. Maybe because the Dessert Party seating is right up front and makes it a little harder to see the projections? I consider F! skippable, but we were all hot and tired and my then 15mo was so restless during the show. It may have been more enjoyable if I could have paid attention and wasn’t so uncomfortable.

1 Like

Definitely MK Happily Ever-After
The new Epcot show looks really good, but haven’t seen it
I’d pass on Fantasmic. Its not “scary” just a bit lame.
Rivers of light was a very low-key, unimpressive show for our taste
Start Wars is a good show. My wife, who is not a Star Wars fan, enjoyed it.

1 Like

HEA was fantastic! Definitely top priority to see. We have always really enjoyed Fantasmic but if you think it’s too much for your group of kids I would leave it out. Haven’t seen ROL since the changes. It was fine but not awesome. Frankly, with full days planned I would skip most of the night time shows and just plan to leave the park when you start to get tired.

1 Like

HEA for sure. We liked Illuminations but I can’t speak to the new show. Haven’t ever done ROL or F! but F! Is high on my list for next trip.

We went this year in February and the weather was so nice! Park hours tend to be shorter that time of year too so RD to FW May not be terribly exhausting.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed that time of year! Yes you’re right…I never thought that due to the hours it might not be as exhausting!

Thank you all for your feed back! My hubby and I were in Disney 12 years ago and we loved the MK show (whatever it was at the time!) and enjoyed both Fantasmic and Illuminations as well! I think we will put HEA as a priority and wait and see reviews on the new epcot one. If star wars is on at the time we will maybe try to catch that as well as we do have some SW fans!

That’s because F! is not as good as it was before they toned it down.

Well that would explain it. We missed it because I was ill in 2016, and it was cancelled for weather in 2012, so I hadn’t seen it since June 2000!

Pretty much anything. The characters were not recognizable or memorable, the story was hard to follow, and the projections and fireworks weren’t impressive. We did 5 nighttime spectaculars over the week (all for the first time or first time in a decade) and it was the only one I thought was not even worth the time to see.

1 Like

We saw all four this week. We thought HEA was a solid 1st place, F! was 2nd, Illuminations 3rd and ROL 4th place (by far the worst of the four).

1 Like

@cynthiahendrick Thank you very much! Very helpful!! I am really looking forward to HEA!