News: Advanced Dining Reservations starting to re-open to some WDW guests on June 30th, Also some extra experiences as well

Sorry you didn’t get Homecomin’. Keep checking, I am sure people booked it back before the park and resort restaurants weren’t available, and will drop the Disney Springs ADRs now.

2 Likes

Have you tried Open Table for booking? Might have better luck there.

I thought about doing that but my lack of motivation for this trip is keeping me from being overly concerned. Lol.

2 Likes

That’s true. I’ll keep checking! It’s an AK for us and I figured we could have dinner at DS after the park closes but the kids would likely be even more pleased if I told them we could go back to the resort, order a QS dinner and swim. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So I discovered today, that I can book ADRs. I did not have any cancelled ADRs from a prior trip. Also, I can do them in the app. If I simply hit the back button in the app that directs you to the website, it just goes ahead and let’s you make ADRs.
Their system is so messed up.

As you say, it is 60 + 10. Or to be more accurate, 60 + length of stay up to 10 days.

But split stays remain separate windows.

Indeed. I remembered that after I was caffeinated

1 Like

Me too.

Me too.

Glad you managed to get good ADRs for the not happening, might happen trip.

2 Likes

I see you got The Wave breakfast. We love the breakfast buffet there, but when I looked at the menu, it looks like no buffet? I wasn’t sure it was worth it?

Glad you got them as well!

It just seems everything is pointing to “not going to happen”, but I just can’t give in yet! The 2 newest things trying to derail it:
Carson plays football. They normally have practice most of June, then they do strength/conditioning until the 3rd week of July. Then they are off until the middle of August when practice starts again. Well thanks to Covid, there was no football in June, and if we ever get to stage 3 (our cases have gone up a whole lot the last week, so stage 3 is a ways off), then football will start at the end of July. He won’t be able to miss it (and wouldn’t want to).
And the second hurdle…Avery has to quarantine in Vermont before moving on to campus. 7 days and a negative Covid test, or 14 days with no test. At our expense, unlike my friend’s daughter that is going to Colorado State as an athlete and they put them up on campus for their quarantine this summer. Just what I always wanted…a 14 day stay in beautiful Vermont where we cannot leave wherever we are staying. Seems like a great use of money, right? I get why they are doing it…but it is a real pain right now. Plus, they won’t tell us when move in will be…sometime between 8/23-29. So when exactly should we arrive in Vermont? It’s all so frustrating. Avery is seriously considering a deferment to next fall. She has until the beginning of August to decide, and her scholarship will carry over. But what the heck is she going to do here for the next year with no school? If she defers she can take 2 classes per semester locally, but when I looked at what our schools offer, and what UVM accepts and what classes she needs…well there is no overlap. :roll_eyes: Sigh…

5 Likes

We don’t really like buffets much, well except Tusker House brunch. We ate at the Wave last year and it was great for breakfast, and then we walked on over to MK. The sweet potato pancakes are delicious!

1 Like

I think anyone who can defer should.

Though I worry about the downstream capacity effect At university in the next couple of years for kids in jr or are year of high school

2 Likes

Yes, this is really going to change things for those who are rising seniors. There will be less spots for them if there is a lot of deferment happening. It is really hard to know what to do. There is no guarantee this will be under control next year.

3 Likes

Wow–there is whole lot more to your situation than a trip to Disney. That is stressful for you and Avery. Vermont is beautiful and 14 days there would be great if you could actually do something. Finding something for Avery to do if she does take a gap year is rough. Under normal circumstances there would be a lot of options, but not now. I really don’t envy you. Sorry.

2 Likes

Thanks. I need a vacation from all of this…a vacation alone. :rofl:

3 Likes

I bet (and it’s funny you said that because my friend/co-worker/office mate said the exact same thing today).

2 Likes

me neither.

Aww, I have a Carson too! You don’t hear the name very often.

1 Like

It’s a great name!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this! It’s so stressful. My daughter is going to school close to home, but I’m still waiting to hear how things are going to look. I hope everything works out in the best possible way for Avery!

1 Like