Newlyweds slammed for choosing Mickey and Minnie appearance over food at wedding

You don’t think it’s rude not to tell people clearly that there won’t be any food? If they want Mickey and Minnie at their wedding, all power to them but they knew people would be expecting food and didn’t have the decency to warn them that there wasn’t going to be any provided. That’s what they deserve shaming for.

2 Likes

They should have just eloped and had Mickey and Minnie in attendance. I don’t care about bells and whistles at weddings or even fancy food. I just want to leave full.

6 Likes

Ah, for the good old days of just cake and punch in the church basement. Simpler times.

8 Likes

In the OP’s self posted note, under first edit, they said they clearly told them food would be available at the venue, not included.

I’m not a fan of shaming at all. Not to say I haven’t done it, but I’m becoming acutely aware that I hate in others what I hate in myself most? Shaming leads to depression and severe mental health issues and in extreme cases suicide.

I stand by my original post.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

This. I remember being a flower girl at a couple of weddings when I was little and there was cake and punch in the fellowship hall, and maybe some h’ors d’ovres (however you spell it). Not these absurd plated meals that seem to be expected all the time now.

On another social media site, I actually saw people saying they would have taken their gift back.

2 Likes

They asked the question themselves in a forum known to drag people.

3 Likes

Other than the saga of Jorts the cat. Everyone sided with Jorts on that one!!

3 Likes

Fair.

2 Likes

I don’t know this one.

https://twitter.com/AITA_online/status/1470862918908624908?s=20&t=RxEqs-kjd9-yPSmZBHuseg

It is amazing!!!

2 Likes

Here’s thr reddit link

3 Likes