New York Dining - suggestions

Hi Liners
21 sleeps until we arrive at The Happiest Place On Earth but before we get there we have 4 nights in NYC. We land from the UK around 4pm local. Family of 4. 2x DDs 16 & 11. Not fussy eaters. Need a few restaurant recommendations from you guys to check out, please? Not interested in chains - we can get those anywhere but any hidden gems would be good! We are staying around Times Square.
Thanks.

not a hidden gem, it’s quite popular, but Carmines is delicious

When I was there in May, we ate at a restaurant simply called “Turkish Cuisine” - delicious! And we were surprised that the prices and portions were almost identical to the Turkish restaurant close to my house. It’s on 9th between 44th and 45th St.

Are you going to try to catch a Broadway show? Both Aladdin and Lion King have digital lotteries (plus tons of other great non-Disney musicals). Also, the Disney store is phenomenal - so well themed!

Little Italy and China town you can find various places there.

Katz deli is an old fashion Jewish deli. Yum.

Serendipty and max brenner or max brown forget the name great desserts but expect to wait.

Dylans candy shop is an experience.

Just took DD8 for her first show this past Wednesday - we saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and it was quite good! We ate lunch at Elaine’s Stardust Diner, 1650 Broadway, which has good food and also entertainment - Broadway hopefuls work here and perform popular songs in between being your waitress or waiter. It is loud, but fun, and the prices are in line with New York (not cheap! But neither is Disney, lol). My tip - get there by 10:45 for lunch or you will wait in a long line, great place for breakfast earlier too.
I agree that the Disney Store is neat, do not miss the escalator - the theming there is great!
One other place I’ve eaten that I liked in that area is John’s Pizza.

Katz’s for a deli (also location for the famous When Harry Met Sally scene). Serendipity for the best ice cream desserts (also a movie location).
Sarabeth’s is a delicious brunch.

1 Like

Thanks! Will look those up for sure. WDW is planned out with military precision so New York will be a lot more fluid.

http://www.smacnyc.com/ ONE OF MY FAVORITE SPOTS

Havana Central.

5 Napkin Burger.

Cara Mia.

And if you want a delicious quick burger, skip ShakeShack (it’s a chain anyway) and go to Schnipper’s in the NY Times building. YUM!!!

1 Like

Another vote for Katz’s Delicatessen!

I grew up in the NYC suburbs and we went to Katz’s often throughout my childhood. Wonderful food and a uniquely NY experience!

1 Like