New Year's Eve Dinner

Okay folks…need some help with dinner on New Year’s Eve. We are staying Club Level at the Poly. Right now we have no ADRs and don’t plan to be in a park for the evening. I’d like to try to book an ADR for dinner that evening, but can’t figure out where would be a good place. We are eating at Kona the night before, so that is out and I doubt that we can get 'Ohana. Where would you go for a NYE dinner outside of the parks? We have three kids ages 11, 9, and 6 who are somewhat picky eaters so there needs to be some kid friendly food available. Thoughts?

Just did a quick search to see what’s available for a party of 5 at a reasonablish hour for your kiddos.
I haven’t been yet so can’t say exactly what would be good for the fussy ones.

Boatwrights at PORL (no idea if it’s any good)
Boma- this could be a good option?
Jiko THIS would be my pick, and a few VERY good times free! Doubt they will be for long!
Trail’s end

There are other options too, but these are the ones I would lean towards. If you go to the Disney dining page, put in the date, time and number of people and you’ll see what times are free for different places, then you can check the menu for items that you think your kiddos might eat. That might be the best way to make an informed choice.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Are there other restaurants that aren’t currently available that you would look at? I’m optimistic that I can use the reservation finder and find something. Also, have you ever done Trails End? I debated selecting that but would love some feedback on atmosphere and food.

As I mentioned earlier, I haven’t been to wdw yet. I’ll be there for Christmas and new years eve this year for our first trip :slight_smile:
We currently have bookings for Homecomin, Boma, Jiko, Artist Point and Narcoossees that are all outside of the theme parks. I’ve also heard good things about Citricos and Raglan Road.
Trail’s end made out shortlist for Christmas dinner, but we had some plans change and it fell by the wayside.

1 Like

@Gnatjo My kids aren’t fussy eaters…but they love Citricos, Artist Point, Boma’s, Jiko, California Grill. All of those will be very special NYE dinners. My first choice @Ladythomas especially if its already available is Jiko! I’ve eaten there more than any other restaurant on property. I’ve never had a bad meal. My kids love it!! Every Disney restaurant caters to family dining, even the high end ones. I don’t think you can go wrong. I’d save Trails End for another night.

My choices in order Jiko at AKL just as @Ladythomas stated. Another would be Yachtsman at the YC.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

Jiko is my favorite restaurant anywhere! I have eaten there with children and had no problem finding something good to eat. They actually have an amazing Mac n Cheese dish. That being said, Trail’s End may be a great choice too.

1 Like