New WDW Sorcerer Pass

Yes for sure, but only in person. And it still seems a bit contentious.

3 Likes

Excellent, can you elaborate on contentious? Like the CMs put up a fight but ultimately do it?

There were lots of reports of APs being renewed w/in the dates my DH’s expired… no matter how many different CMs I asked it was always, “No!”

No like blue card members getting their collective noses out of joint :roll_eyes:

Oooooh different contentious. I was getting excited by the 10% off food/merch discount numbers in the AP spreadsheet and then I remembered I usually get those already…

I’m happy to keep my blue nose in joint :wink: I could care less, I don’t like what’s happening… all the upcharges w/ diminished return for the guest is pooh-hockey.

1 Like

2 Likes

I have read a list of posts on FB that basically say “you’re lying” when new resale owners get the blue card benefits. Really, what does it matter? I am happy for anyone that can get it.

6 Likes

I can sort of see the argument.

So, “officially” the only real BENEFIT you get from buying direct versus resale would be the fact that you aren’t being limited in the resorts you can stay at (perhaps stated a bit over-simplified).

BUT, the fact is, Disney has other benefits that aren’t guaranteed that are offered as incentives to encourage people to buy direct. Thing is, that makes it a bit tricky, because if those very same things they are offering for direct purchases are available to those who bought resale, then they aren’t really an incentive at all. If people made a purchase decision INFLUENCED by those added benefits (which…frankly, is Disney’s doing, since they are ADVERTISING them for that very reason), and then Disney renigs on those offerings OR offers those same things to everyone, it really does come across as a bait and switch.

As such, I can see how blue card holders might be annoyed that they spent a premium on their points, but those who bought resale are getting some (if not all) of the same more significant benefits.

I doubt people are necessarily holding a grudge against those who are resale owners, but against Disney for being tricksey about the whole thing, in a way.

1 Like

Still a terrible argument. Just like the constant posts that I see on FB from people being “annoyed” that non-members get upgraded or something. They have lost NOTHING just some others got a little bonus. Not a good look for people in my opinion.

3 Likes

The benefits issue was never a thing before they started issuing white cards v blue cards. There are many white card members out there who actually have a blue card because they were grandfathered.

No benefit is ever promised.

It’s just petty to care about such a thing. NEVER BUY FOR BENEFITS. Buy direct for any other number of reasons, but NEVER BUY FOR BENEFITS and if you do, then sit down and be quiet when that doesn’t work out well for ya.

2 Likes

I know all of that. But it isn’t how Disney presents things. (Except in the fine print). As such, it becomes easy for those things to influence a decision to buy direct…and then Disney pulls the bait and switch.

I went into resale perfectly fine with the limitations. But I can see why those who bought direct would be annoyed with Disney, is all.

From what I’ve read if you buy or upgrade in person the CMs are doing it without any problem.

If you try and call, they seem to now check your eligibility with DVC so people are being told “no”. But there are some who have got them.

If you have a trip coming up then it seems it’s worth trying in person.

The contentious bit is that the DVC website is clear that it’s only for blue card holders. But it seems that DIsney hasn’t passed that on to its CMs in the ticket / guest services locations.

If it is going to continue to be a blue card perk then some people may find they can’t activate them. Or they may be allowed to but then find they can’t renew next year.

2 Likes

I am going in December! I think I will at least upgrade myself and maybe DH. But I have a possible March trip and we are eyeing a family November trip. I’ll happily report back.