New WDW Sorcerer Pass

So, basically this is the old Gold Pass and we don’t get a discount on the Incredi-Pass Platinum)? Did I get that right?

2 Likes

It seems like a permanent reduction of benefits is a theme.

Yes, we know benefits can be reduced at any time. Sigh

1 Like

I dunno, i see it as the platinum pass just with a few blockout dates? Platinum never got the water parks but we did lose memory maker (But then, so did everyone).

Didn’t gold have a bunch of blockout dates? Christmas, easter, etc?

They have the same Christmas blockout dates as the gold. It has less dates with the switch from Easter to Thanksgiving. It used to be $719 but now is $899 and you can add MM for $99.

So: $719 vs $998.

What a bargain….

1 Like

We always got the Platinum because we didn’t want the blackout dates, but I remember getting a DVC discount on the Platinum. I’m hoping they just haven’t announced DVC pricing yet and they have the intention to still give the DVC discount on the new Incredi-Pass.

Yes, no MM included with less PP CMs is annoying. The $$ grab is getting old real quick.

I think it’s confirmed that there is no FL or DVC discount on any passes.

2 Likes

It you are military/DoD you can buy them at SoG and not pay any tax :shushing_face::thinking: In the past SoG sold APs

1 Like

Wow, that’s fantastic for military and veterans. I love that! :heart:

1 Like

I do too but its been several years, which is why we shifted to the Gold. Which we kept renewing to get that renewaldiscount, but now I don’t see any advantage in regularly renewing. It may actually end up saving me money

3 Likes

Same here. My husband and I spoke briefly about the changes and increased costs and we may just wind up going once a year or once every other year. Since our home is AKL, we usually stay in value studios to get the most time out of our DVC but now, we’re probably going to do 2 BRs, which our older kids will probably love.

I also see myself saving money on ears, loungefly bags and everything else we constantly buy.

2 Likes

Stings a bit - we are a fall winter family

This will seriously cut into our Food &Wine trips

2 Likes

I know there’s a different thread, but the forum is hard to work on my phone. Yesterday our traveling companions activated their Gold annual pass that was renewed over the summer, before the new passes were announced and they were given the new sorcerer pass. The CM at GS in EP was insistent that because they didn’t activate it ( which they couldn’t from NY) that he has no choice. They complained, explained they have a trip scheduled during thanksgiving. He gave them 3 day park hoppers for that trip. But they walked away with a sorcerer’s pass.

5 Likes

I am so glad they solved the problem! I hope they do that for all the DVC owners that had gold certificates and Thanksgiving bookings.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of others getting the same too.

And they should also get MM added automatically I believe.

1 Like

We activated DH Sorcerer pass last night

2 Likes

Look at all the social distancing in that bottom pic!

1 Like

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: We were on our way out before the fireworks. We watched from the parking lot instead.

ETA: We did have the liner sacred spot but gave it to a family b/c DH didn’t want to deal w/ crowds.

2 Likes

I am really like the new park reservation system

Ooh, they have not updated the non-AP site yet, that looks nice. And the bonus reservation days are something I had not heard about. Very nice and great way to drive people to parks with low crowds that day.

1 Like

Any more reports of resale members buying Sorcerer passes? I’m seriously considering and am curious how to calculate my options. Thanks!