New Users

I think meal plan adds a little cost certainty. Some people really like it, others not so much. When we do it we book a lot of character meals, which might benefit you with a little one. Some people don’t like the fact that a 10 year old is considered an adult. If you have a picky eater DDP can waste a lot of money.

1 Like

September 10-17, 2016

I think I’m going to do it for the first time. Just to cover ourselves.

3 Likes

Perfect timing to get those ADRs!

1 Like

So then your 180 days out is coming up. You will want to come up with a plan of where you would like to eat and try to book as soon as you can especially if you are interested in Chef Mickeys or some of the other more popular meals. Touring plans has a reservation finder that is also really helpful.

1 Like

Yes tomorrow I can start tomorrow making reservations. I’m excited and nervous.

2 Likes

We had the dining plan for our first 2 trips. It was convenient for us and it was nice knowing that everything was paid for in advance. Just remember that you have to pay OOP for any appetizers, alcohol, and tip. Also, if they release free dining for your trip you can call and try to switch your reservation to the free dining if your room and dates are available. You have to pay full price for your room then, so it is worth it to do the math and see where you can save more money.

1 Like

Oh ok, I will def keep an eye out.

Are you staying onsite? If you are you should be able to make your ADRs for your whole trip.

1 Like

Yes, staying at the Carribean beach resort.

1 Like

Then you can book your whole stay at day 180 ( tomorrow?). Since you have a package you should be able to book online at 6:00am.

2 Likes