New ticket pricing

There are still discounted tickets available through UT (perhaps others) that don’t have date-based pricing. I don’t know how long they will last though! Probably worth it to snatch them up in this case.

I agree it will cause confusion. Right now, my room reservation is quite a bit longer than the 5+3 day ticket window, owing to the fact that I don’t know precisely when my son finishes his college finals in the spring. This system adds another layer of complexity to acquiring FastPasses for sure.

One advantage of the stay being longer than the window, is we have more time to do things off-site. I’d rather do our first and last days at Disney, but those days might not be in our 8-day window anymore. This is going to cause a lot of folks to rethink their arrival and departure day plans.

Fortunately, I already bought my tickets. I just hope I get to keep them after I nail down my final room reservation, I am almost certain the dates I have will need to be changed.

If you bought your tickets before the price change then they won’t be affected if your room reservation dates change. You also still get the full 14 days from first use to use them up.

1 Like

I hope you’re right, that’s also what I think. I’ve just seen a few folks disagree with us regarding how much we can trust Disney on this particular matter…

Do you happen to know the answer to this question…

I know that if you book a package, your tickets are good for either the quoted duration (usually no. days + 3 or so) or the length of your package - whichever is longest.

If you have a room-only stay, or back to back stays, does the same apply? Or do you need to pay the flexible premium to have the same benefit?

IOW, have they just added an advantage to having a package vs room-only?

1 Like

I think it’s now an added benefit to booking it as a vacation package. I will attend the 2 webinars they are hosting today and find out for sure.

1 Like

That is just insane. I don’t know what else to say. It makes me sad.

Does anyone know how this will impact the convention tickets - like the ones you get through MVT? Will there still be a small discount getting tickets that way?

I would contact your TA and ask.

I talked to someone at Disney Group Reservations today and she said that the convention tickets available right now have not been affected by the change, however Disney has the right to change pricing at any time so she said she always recommends you buy those as soon as you can.

As for convention tickets set up and offered in the future, no official word at all. I am just guessing they will raise the price like on the rest of the tickets, and possibly require you to choose a date of usage. Maybe they will only truly be usable during the convention dates of the group they are associated with, and not anytime like the tickets that have been offered thus far.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m confused about some of this, too. I was looking at Feb., 2019, and the week OF Presidents’ Day is cheaper than the week BEFORE!!! What am I missing here? Wouldn’t there be higher crowds during the holiday week, and thus, more expensive tickets?