New Statement by Disney?

Did this show up today?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

Update on Walt Disney World Resort Operations — Including Theme Parks and Water Parks

Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.

Additionally, attractions, experiences, services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see our policies regarding cancellations by Guests.

Our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Disney community—including the well-being of the Cast Members who are caring for and securing our parks and Resorts during the closure. We’re currently evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. Learn more about these measures.

Below, you’ll find information on impacts to current and upcoming plans. Please continue to check back for additional updates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Need to Adjust Your Travel Plans?

Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels are currently closed and a reopening date has not been identified. For Guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for travel dates June 1 and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings if Walt Disney World Resort opens before or after that time.

As we previously shared, unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 through the closure will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through June 30. As a reminder, most reservations can be modified or cancelled online. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

MODIFICATIONS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS

Tickets

Disney Resort Rooms and Packages

Annual Passes

Dining & Other Experiences

Groups

FastPass+

MagicBands

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen other sites posting about it today.

I was wondering when they’d speak to this. People have bought tickets assuming full operation, but instead may get a limited experience. Looks like they may refund in some cases (probably special event tickets) or extend / give credit in others to compensate.

I have a hunch they will sell special tickets during this closure period, either that limit to a certain block of time, or a certain date / park combination, or limited attractions. You can’t sell a park hopper plus ticket if you can’t hop, use water parks, or stay all day.

5 Likes

I agree. Those free dining packages are interesting. I do not believe they required park hoppers?

5 Likes

@PrincipalTinker interesting…most of the time to qualify for the FD you indeed need a hopper tix (or greater). I completely forget what the requirements were for this year when I purchased. We did get the hopper plus tix. If we can’t hop, and especially if the water parks are closed, I would expect the difference of the cost of the ticket back at least…so many what if’s We will see.

1 Like

No hoppers required. We booked a June trip on the “free dining for reservations impacted by COVID” and it just required a minimum of 2-day tickets.

2 Likes

Yes, so they could, in theory, give you priority for your days?

1 Like

@ISUamanda I was referring to my initial booking on the summer FD, not the backup bookings for trips impacted by Covid. So I’m referring to what they will do in regards to my current package with hopper plus for aug/sept. Assuming I even get to go

I am sure that even though you only needed a regular ticket with the new bookings, some will have bought parkhoppers too?

1 Like

hmmm kinda like the last sentence of Need to Adjust plans paragraph, “if we open BEFORE or after June 1st”. I don’t remember seeing or hearing of the possibility of before June 1st.

1 Like