New Spring WDW Offer

Save up to $500 on a 5nt stay at select Disney Resort hotels most nights between Mar 6-July 7. Can book beginning 1/5 - today!

Selfishly, I am a little bit relieved that none of my many spring guests qualify due to resort or trip length. It’s not that I don’t want to save them money — but I am leaving for WDW tomorrow and work is atrocious and I didn’t know how I was going to get it done. I would have, but I’m “glad” I don’t have to worry about it.

10 Likes

Thank you! Of course not any place I have booked in April and June. I would totally change but I’m trying to stay at every resort and I’m getting so close!

ETA: Oh and five nights. Hmmm I could extend a night of the June trip and switch resorts. That saves money right?

1 Like

I’m seeing from some folks posting on Facebook that you may be able to apply this to trips as short as one night. I did check for a whole bunch of trips and was not able to get that. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or if it’s the way that the thing is built but give it a try even if you were staying less than five nights.

2 Likes

It’s been super glitchy so it wouldn’t surprise me if it worked. I’ve been repricing trips and I’ve gotten kicked out mid-process more than once and had to start again. Now I’m in the “We’re almost in orbit” room. I managed to get two done before it got really hairy.

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH and @ninjasherrie I am about 4-5 months behind on all things Disney. Just had to leave it for a while because of other priorities and general frustration with all of the changes. Shortly after the spring offer came out in November, I started looking for a 1 BR Villa at BLT, Riviera or BCV for 3/5/22 - 3/11/22. (I am not an early planner.) I was shocked at the lack of availability. We have gone to WDW several times in the past during the 1st week of March, so I am familiar with Spring Break crowds, but I don’t see any events for that week other than F&G opening up. My question is this: from what you are seeing, is it going to be way more crowded than usual for the first week of March, or is it just that more people are booking Deluxe because of the evening hour benefit? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hey! Good to see you again! From everything I’ve been seeing here, MDE, b/vlogs, podcasts – 2022 is going to be packed. Everyone has DVC points they need to use and/or rebooking trips cancelled for the last 2 years AND the influx of ppl wanting to “get back out there” and do something “normal”…

2 Likes

WAIT a second. You mean keeping ourselves holed up in our homes isn’t “normal”?

I’ve been lied to! I thought this was the NEW normal! :wink:

3 Likes

I agrree with @darkmite2 . getting a villa is going to be near impossible for cash right now with the glut of points DVC owners are dealing with. You might have some luck with either renting pints or a confirmed DVC rental, but I suspect its still going to be rough.
Disney has really moved to an early planning model and people who want trips less than 6 months out are really struggling. And that’s for all the resorts. I’ve lost more than a couple of leads because they wanted a trip on 2-3 months notice and nothing they wanted was available.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was watching very closely in early December and was able to snag a 1 BR Villa at BCV for that week (presumably someone cancelled) at the Room rate (no AP discount), but we’re just not sure if we want to deal with outrageous crowds.

I’m surprised to see this offer because availability has been so low.

Not sure if that’s because of decreased rooms being used due to low workforce or if it is more reflective of expected crowds.

I will say there is full availability for park ressies most days all spring

3 Likes

I’m actually thinking this is because of cancellations due to Omicron. March availability is still bad for the offer but late April May and June i’ve been able to get the discount applied.

2 Likes

Not even all the resorts qualify (like Beach Club). And what good is $100/night savings when they jacked up the regular nightly prices anyway! $1072 for Yacht Club!!?!? Come on!!

3 Likes

Grrrr!
We have DVC reserved but are looking at Yacht Club (long story made short) because of the other family we are going with. It does look like they raised rates. Of course, I can’t pop on to check because the website is telling me a 23 minute wait.

This is the time of year where rate hikes always take place so not surprising.

2 Likes

It’s always the case that not all resorts qualify though. And typically the most popular ones don’t (like BC). Those resorts don’t struggle to sell inventory, so there is no need to have an offer there. Offers are only put out to sell rooms. If there are no rooms to sell, there is no offer, plain and simple.

1 Like

The name of the offer is a bit misleading, by clicking on the information icon you get
Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
    I was successful in applying the discount for a 4-night stay at Pt Orleans.
2 Likes

This is something that AJ from DFBGuide is constantly telling people on their videos…that the multi-day discount ads make it SOUND like you need that many days, but you don’t! You can get the same discount on any number of days.

3 Likes

Right. But I went through each reservation to modify and got “no offers available”.

I’ll still try again later though

This makes me wonder if revenge travel is petering out for WDW.

You should! When I first tried, I got “no offers available” for Pop (1st half of the trip), then tried again after changing the Port Orleans one (so 5-10 minutes later) and it showed up.