NEW: same day dining cancellation policy

Oh thank you!

It was at the Screen Door store at BWI

I can Venmo you!

I am all for a large guarantee fee or prepaying up to a certain amount.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I would stop hoarding if Disney Dining would stop hoarding availability. Iā€™m not buying that 10 minutes into my 60 day window thereā€™s not decent availability for some of the restaurants. By decent I mean being able to get a time within a few hours of whatā€™s desired. When I canā€™t get that I end up scheduling (hoarding) multiple spots for the same restaurants - just on different days. That way I have multiple opportunities to modify a reservation to a decent time. Sorry, not sorry.

2 Likes

What do you need from here? Iā€™ll be there this afternoon.

Aww!

I broke one of my Abracadabar stemless martini glasses. It looks like this (but with less gin, tonic, and lime)

Let me know if you find it and I will Venmo you

And also so I can update @dianelynn

And then we should get together so I can get it from you!

3 Likes

Ooh I missed that you broke it! I can definitely get one. On the bus to the Boardwalk now.

1 Like

Well actually my son actually broke it by placing a plate on top of it which was knocked over and took the glass down with it.

But either way, edges were definitely too sharp for use, and it didnā€™t hold as much booze as before so I threw it into the recycling bin :laughing:

THANK YOU!

3 Likes

Any change in this area is probably positive. The night-before cancelation isnā€™t a great system- are you waiting until 11P to try to snag a reservation? Iā€™ve never really lucked into a reservation this way, as Iā€™ll have made maybe my 2nd choice reservation already and will just stick with it.

For the time being, I see them holding back more ADRs for walk-up availability which seems to be an OK system. It could mean more time on the phone, though.

Anyway- the fact that they are making a change shows at least that the powers that be are aware of the problem of getting ADRs. I think this 2hr cancelation will ultimately reduce the pool of available ADRs, and people will be upset, which will allow management to revamp the system. I think for the future, the next change could be towards a deposit required to make ADRs ahead of day-of, and/or allowing only guests with on-site reservations to make ADRs ahead of time (as a perk).

1 Like

Is the bolded part the most important part of your sentence? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Bring in the deposit!

1 Like

Agree. It would make people more mindful of what they chose. I canā€™t believe they havenā€™t done it yet.

1 Like

We never made ADRs before the trip. If thereā€™s somewhere we particularly want to go, I book it the day before. All others I usually book in the morning or afternoon for that day. OTOH, weā€™re not usually trying to go to the super duper popular hard to get places.

1 Like

The new policy could make that harder, as people wonā€™t necessarily cancel until day-of.

2 Likes

The question was: are you waiting until late at night to snag a reservation? I was pointing out that some of us do look for last-minute rezzies. Yeah, the new policy is going to suck for us. Our next trip is to DLR, so I wonā€™t be dealing with WDW reservations for a few years. Hopefully theyā€™ll work out the kinks by then.

1 Like