NEW: same day dining cancellation policy

9 Likes

I sure hope this doesnā€™t mean Iā€™ll never get a TS reservation the day before again :frowning:

7 Likes

It could mean that you have a better chance than ever of getting stuff last minute. But if youā€™re looking to plan the day, I had it could be a little tougher now.

5 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

This certainly wont help with all reservation ā€œholding.ā€ (Some say hoarding)

10 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not crazy about this. It encourages hoarding and Iā€™m not spontaneous.

8 Likes

Use the right word. Itā€™s hoarding. And agreed.

3 Likes

I had the same thought

1 Like

Oh because you can make eleventy reservations knowing you only have to cancel all but one of them 2hrs before.

Yeah that sucks.

3 Likes

Might have to be all ā€œif you canā€™t beat ā€˜ā€˜em join ā€˜em!ā€ We could share a locals only pool of ADRā€™s! :triumph:

2 Likes

:worried:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry I wonā€™t really become one of them, Iā€™m just in a mood today remember :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah! Weā€™ll show 'em!

1 Like

Me too.

Thus

7 Likes

This is a good thing. Sure, there are people that hack the system by having multiple MDE accounts and hoard a bunch of reservations but those are few and far between. Plus you canā€™t have overlapping reservations, so that helps.

G+ makes it very difficult to plan your day and if you snag a hard to get G+ and itā€™s at the same time as your ADR, now you have some flexibility.

5 Likes

I mean this is why they have a 119 min late Grace period for LLs so it was sort of secretly addressed already.

2 Likes

ooohhh. Did you get a replacement glass? Or did you have more than one?

I had a pair. So I just have the one and Iā€™m still hoping to replace the other at some point.

Iā€™ll look for you when Iā€™m there in 14 days.

2 Likes

IMO the only way this is helpful is if they start enforcing the late cancellation feeā€¦and honestly I wish theyā€™d raise itā€¦if they bumped the credit card guarantee $100. per ADR hoarding would slow down a lot pre-trip.

I know it would make me think twice.

4 Likes