New room discount for summer

oops :grimacing:

But not every complex is the same as mine. DD works in FL and all the PT CMā€™s there get hours every week.

Good point. 2pm is never going away :rage:

1 Like

Perhaps.

You knowā€¦I was just watching a VLOG (I think Mickey Views???) where he mentioned how Disney is doing things to try to drive more people to EP and AK, since HS and MK are really at crowd limits, were AK and EP can handle more crowds.

Soā€¦this does make me think there is motivation for Disney to start doing the ā€œpick your parks on a multiday ticketā€ thingā€¦because if people see that going to MK or HS costs more, they might be more likely to choose AK and EPā€¦and then pay the upcharge for PH. (And, charge more for PH, as youā€¦uhā€¦suggested.)

Soā€¦
in summaryā€¦
I like the suggestions people gave for going bowling, or watching a movie, or doing mini-golf.

2 Likes

No word on changes to park hopping

heh different thread :wink:

But yesā€¦ the urge/need for WDW to start having a surplus of supplemental activities is becoming significant.

Oh, greatā€¦even my attempt to get back on topic was off topic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with this

Whatever their actual reason for this, their stated reason is for optics only, to give guests some excuse to believe to allay the frustration that comes from it

1 Like

There is one planned soon, isnā€™t there? Lenā€™s leading one?

Well they canā€™t very well say ā€œso we can gouge you for G+ā€ now, can they? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They donā€™t have to. IYKYK :smiley: (and you seem to!)

1 Like

But if this were any other company, youā€™d be trained and moved to where you could do the most good (read: keep the customer happy so they can keep throwing money). In their eyes, If you didnā€™t like it, youā€™d obviously be free to quit, but otherwise ā€œyou go where we tell you.ā€

The fact that youā€™re all not shuffled around and basically pulling just shy of FT hours is kinda telling.

You mean cross train and float team members?

Companies do this to meet customer need and demand?

How odd.

:blowfish:

1 Like

sometimes they even take managers out of their positions and make them work the proverbial floor. :upside_down_face:

The business world is kooky dooks.

You donā€™t sayā€¦

Oh, BRB, I gotta take a triage call. Iā€™m a little short handed today and the patients are needy!

:wink:

2 Likes

throw some regular strength tylenol at them.

3 Likes

Regular Strength Tylenol: helping you piss in the wind since forever.

2 Likes

So this came up in the recent contract dispute. I donā€™t know all the details but I heard they are thinking of changing the rule so PT CMā€™s can transfer at 6 months like FT. Right now it is 1 year.

They have also started doing a lot more Land Training for PT CMā€™s DD is now Land trained in FL so she can work at WTP, MTP, PP, IASW, PFH, Philhar and the carousel. She is also trained as a relief coordinator in 2 of those plus fireworks. This is something that was usually only allowed for FT. CP still canā€™t do this, they just arenā€™t here long enough. But you have to put in for this and they donā€™t allow everyone to do it :wink:

There are also proficiency rules. Anytime anything is changed, no matter how small, every CM has to pass the proficiency test before they can work. This is especially strict at attractions, also why you are much more safe at a Disney park than say Icon park. So if you transfer to a new area you can continue to pick up shifts in your old area until you lose proficiencies.

3 Likes

So in my mind, this would fall to an area Leader to manage. They would provide just-in-time training to any CM who was without the competency/proficiency that was updated in the change.

Thatā€™sā€¦ actually exactly what I do :smiley:

What Iā€™m trying to say is that a CM selling you a churro canā€™t just be sent over to TRON to ā€œhelp outā€ :grimacing:

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦ so Disneyā€™s policy is to essentially lock you into your space for a period of time and you have to actively try and expand beyond it? Obviously quite different than most where, as I said, they move you when they feel like.

Yeah that part makes sense. Safety not withstanding, my company has something similar. You canā€™t be left alone until you can prove you can do the job. Thereā€™s certifications you gotta go through that are only good for a period of time.

1 Like

Right but if the area isnā€™t your ā€œhomeā€ anymore then you arenā€™t going to be on their roster to be updated. Now that DD is a trainer she spent whole shift with 2 other trainers swapping out the CMā€™s that were working to go backstage to do D-learning for an update.