New Purchase, thoughts?

I was just looking at the add-on page and AKL is $186/point direct. OKW and SSR are $180/point. Not a big difference.

4 Likes

That’s a good thought, thanks for pointing that out. I know that the club level and value room inventories are extremely small, but you would have a slight advantage for booking.

With four booking categories it gives you the complete save to splurge range. Plus access to Kidani and Jambo.

2 Likes

There’s currently a special deal for some resorts if you buy direct as an add on. For AKL I think it’s $9 less per point if you buy at least 150 points. If you buy more the discount goes up to a max of $13 off. Not sure if a new buyer can get this or not.

2 Likes

Oops. The discount starts at $8 not $9. At 175 points it’s $9 off. My guide helpfully provided a chart with down payment and financing options! :joy:

Good point, off I go to look at the points chart… :grimacing:

Thanks for tip, I’ll have to look into it.

Thank you all for help and input over the last few months!

My wife and I made the plunge and we are now part of the DVC Community.

7 Likes

Welcome Home!

What did you end up getting???

1 Like

Congrats!

Yeah…what SHE said!

Welcome home !

Thanks all! We bought the Rivera.

Looking back at this whole process, I wouldn’t have guessed we would end up buying there. But it came down to expiration date, incentives, wanting a loaded contract, picking a use year, and our preference for its style of room.

Already have a trip booked to celebrate my wife’s 40th birthday during Food and Wine!

5 Likes

All very good reasons to decide on a contract!
Congrats again!

1 Like

Welcome home! Congrats on your contract!

1 Like

Welcome Home! You’re going to love it!

1 Like

Yay!

Congrats. The Riviera is awesome!

1 Like

Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful first stay.

1 Like

Congratulations!