New photos of current refurbishment work at WDW including Cinderella's Castle and EPCOT

I know a lot here do not have a Twitter account but the absolute best thing on Twitter is the @bioreconstruct account. He posts aerial photos of Orlando Theme Parks and attractions.

I’m going to repost a few along with the link to his account.

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

7 Likes

GF Walkway

3 Likes

Entrance to MK

Notice that the temporary fencing has been removed, a hopeful sign that the work will be completed prior to opening

4 Likes

AK Tram and Bus Stop

Notice that the temporary fencing has been removed, a hopeful sign that the work will be completed prior to opening

3 Likes

EPCOT Entrance Plaza

Still have fencing up, might more work to continue after re-opening.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s controversial but I love the new castle colors! Thanks for posting.

Funny…because I much prefer the old colors. Very subjective. To me it went from looking like a castle to looking like a toy! :slight_smile:

Anyhow, I have to wonder about the legality of capturing these photos. I thought Disney World was a no fly zone. In fact, I just read a news item about a week ago about someone flying a drone in the area to capture photos, and they were caught and forced to delete the photos. Not sure what else was done.

4 Likes

hmm, if you open the Mainstreet photo in a new tab and zoom in, you will see they are filming on mainstreet. Wonder what they are filming, maybe a new promo for in-rooms about new procedures

1 Like

He gets permission from WDW for these flights.

2 Likes

This guy gets permission from Disney all the time to fly over and do photos. He is very well known for it

3 Likes

Great pictures, I need to follow him.

1 Like

Wanted to add another one of EPCOT France pavilion for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. This picture was taken today, you can see the gondola cars of the Skyliner being tested currently.

1 Like

That settles the question. Skyliner will be working once they open up.

1 Like

I was trying to remember who was discussing this the other day, ah it was you, I’ll go eat 47 oreos in your honor.

And if you eat 47 cookies, you’re gonna want some milk to go with them…

2 Likes

You got it!

1 Like

… why is the castle so peach?!? I do not like it. Castles should not be peach colored. :unamused: Are they going to paint the lower part the same color?

I have so many questions.

4 Likes

No… that is pretty much done. Very little left.

But it looks so two-toned! Weird. I agree it looks sort of toy-like. Maybe in person it will seem more cohesive.

I’m digging the gold accents though. I bet it’ll really pop against the blue sky.

1 Like