New Interactive Magicband + coming next year

Ignore my other thread…

I’M SO EXCITED FOR THESE!

2022 though?

1 Like

Your excitement is making me excited— haha wonder how much though??

1 Like

I thought I was the only one! Disney has an uncanny ability to suck me in with pretty sparkly/flashy things.

3 Likes

Me too! I already want both the Partners Statue and the Rose Gold one.

The ability to go on a bounty hunt in Batuu without draining my phone’s battery is SUPER appealing. So I totally think that this

is feasible.

Yay!!!

I’m guessing between $50 and $65. Completely taking a guess on that though without knowing if they are in fact interchangeable or how long the battery lasts. I would love (and I’m in the minority though…as in only one probably) to see a rechargeable option in the low $110’s range.

1 Like

Actually, all of it not affecting my phone is already worth it to me. DH will have to work/nap during our stay. If he can’t get a hold of me or DS to meet up because our phones died playing Play Disney, it kind of defeats the purpose of a family vacation.

2 Likes

Oof I bet your right, but that would price me out! The features would have to be really awesome.

This is the sentimentalist in me, but I see this as WDW’s “tribute” to Walt’s vision for Epcot.

EPCOT, or the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, began as Walt Disney’s idea of creating a better city. A utopian environment enriched in education, and in expanding technology.

I think he would have loved a wearable being interactive with the parks. Teaching and guiding. Generations huddled together exploring.

How on Earth did Pixie Dust get all the way over here to this thread…it’s getting in my eye…

2 Likes

I could go up to $55. I’d justify it because in my head it might be like an interactive wand at USF. Anymore than that, I think I’ll bow out.

You know, I sometimes wonder if WDW doesn’t use sites like this to figure out how much they can get away with?
Speaking of which, Disney, I really hope it is TT and not Frozen that is IA$$$.

5 Likes

Magic band batteries run out? How long does it take?

What is “ia$$$”

This is apparently the acronym for the pay-per-ride in Genie+ now. Stands for “ instant access.”

1 Like

When did we agree on this?

I thought it was Individual Attraction?
(Personally I was sticking with LL$ for expensive Lightning Lane but I’m easygoing)

2 Likes

The physical tap supposedly works forever, but the RFID used for photos and walk by affects die after X amount of time.

2 Likes

Oh! Could be… I’m clearly clueless.

1 Like

Yes it’s individual attraction selection - catchy right?

More like “It’s A Scam.”

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I genuinely think IA$ should be the official abbreviation for this!!

4 Likes

It very apt!

1 Like