New HS Tiering... Really?

My kids love Disney Jr & the shows though. It was worth it for us to still go. Heck to them it was worth it just to meet Sofia. Squeezing in the shows we want in a reasonable time frame can be difficult though!

1 Like

Glad I read this, I booked a burner FP in the 9am hour since I got the other 2 I wanted at 10 & 11 with the hopes of getting another at Epcot. I’ll make a note in my plans to tap in to the attraction just in case. Thank you.

If you will be changing parks after the 10 & 11 passes, you will no longer have to worry about tiers.

Yes, but I thought in order to be able to book Soarin while not there I need to have used all 3 in the same park beforehand?

No actually you can have only 2 pre booked (or just 1) and once you tap in for your first at HS you can add one for EP.

2 Likes

Nope, if you hop, you earn your FPP freedom. Check out this thread: FPP tiers when park hopping - #3 by mikejs78

2 Likes

Right now, spending two days in HS will be our strategy for next May. One day touring Toy Story Land + shows (hoping to get a Early Morning Magic if they’re still happening) and a second day just for Galaxy’s Edge. We have plenty of time to see how wait times and touring plans shake out between now and then.

I ran this up the flagpole for our April 2020 trip. Two half days in HS to get in what one day should have been sufficient for… the steering committee axed that idea.

We dont normally PH, but when we did, HS was always 2 half days and so was EP.

2 Likes

That’s basically our plan for HS this fall. I tried making a TP, and couldn’t fill a whole day, plus that was the only day I could get a lunch reservation at Garden Grill. So we’ll hit TSL and a few shows, and then we’ll catch the sky ovens in time to meet Chip & Dale . . . or much, much earlier if we feel like it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m canceling that 9 am Little Mermaid and I’ll keep trying to move the others up.

1 Like

I’m still a little confused. I was hoping to only book Alien Saucers for my T1 FP and no tier 2 FP at all, once the T1 is done, then book another T1 FP. Do I have to book the remaining two T2 FP and “use” them before I can try to grab a 4th FP?

That’s correct.

Yes, when are u hoping to get a FP for AS?

We are going 9/14-9/21/19, so I already have that one booked for 9:30-10:30 am. Ideally, I am hoping we can do rope drop at 6am, hubby can fight his way through SWGE while me & kiddos hit TSL and get it all done in an hour (haha dreams). Then, I can cancel the FP and hopefully get RNR or TOT, or even get through those before the crowds. Big dreams.

See if u can schedule a tier 2 b4 your AS, like @ 8:30. Let it expire, schedule a tier 2 for 10:30. If u use ur tier 1, do it early, like 9:30ish, that way u can mod ur last tier 2 for the next available opening, doesnt matter the ride, let expire or use. If u mod ur tier 1, mod ur tier 2 for a slot b4 ur modified tier 1, let expire or use. That way ur getting those tier 2 out of way early on and can get more tier 1s sooner rather than later.

1 Like

IEMH is from 6-9am. FPs aren’t available during EMH, so the earliest FP time will be 9am. Unless she can push her existing one back, there isn’t time to get a tier2 FP before it.

1 Like

Yes, wasnt looking at opening times, ur right, Id try to push or schedule the tier 2, back to back and modify, use tap and go, if need be.

Thanks for the tips! I think I will get the T2 as soon as I scan in for the FP. If I pick something no sane person gets a FP to, I should be able to tap in right away, grab the next T2, do it again and then move on to finding another T1

3 Likes

Thats solid. The tier 1s may go quickly but hopefully ull be ahead of everyone else and get 1 or 2 extra tier ones😀