New Here, Need Feasibility of Plan Feedback

I am visiting Disney World for the first time in 12 years. I’m actually on a business trip and will be by myself so I think I can tackle things fairly well since I’m still in decent shape and decent age. But overall, I have three partial days to visit Disney and the times aren’t negotiable because of company meetings.

I need your feedback if this is feasible or just insane.

I haven’t hit my fast pass window yet but my plan is as follows:

MGM Studios

August 14th Start at 6pm

Rock n’ Roller Coaster - Fast Pass Highest Priority
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Magic Kingdom

August 15th Start at 2pm

Order of rides:
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain - Fastpass 4:55pm est complete
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Fastpass Priority 5:40pm est complete
Big Thunder Mountain RR - Fastpass 6:10pm est complete
Hall of Presidents 7:15pm est complete
Space Mountain 8:45pm est complete
Carousel of Progress 9:15pm est complete
WDW Railroad 9:45pm est complete

Park Closes at 10:30pm, can ride rides until closing as long as your in line.

If one ride has to go, make it Space Mountain…

Epcot

Book fast pass for flight of avatar at 11:15 to 12:35pm or consider
going to Animal Kingdom First (good rope drop chance if I run as there are no magic hours) arrive at 7:10am in Parking lot

August 16th Start at 9am open, arrive at 8:15

Spaceship Earth 9:25am est complete
Test Track - Fast Pass Highest Priority, if no fast pass go there first closes during/after rain 9:45am est complete
Soarin - only go if time permits 10:10am est complete

If time allows, Order for Animal Kingdom must leave epcot by 10:30

Starts at 11:00am

Flight of Passage - Avatar (try Fast Pass but if no fast pass, go to rope drop then reverse Epcot to later that day).

Must leave by 2:30pm for 5:20pm flight out of Orlando airport and rental car return, leave for parking by 1:45pm.

Others who have been more recently may have better feedback, but you might want to consider using the single rider line for RnR Coaster, and your Tier 1 fastpass for Tower of Terror. (I am going with my husband who doesn’t do coasters, so I’m approaching thrill rides a bit the same as a solo traveler–my strategy is to not use fastpasses on things that have single rider lines.)

Edit: You can probably also take advantage of Single Rider for Test Track.

1 Like

You can get fastpasses for both RRC and TOT since they are both tier 2 now. I think you would have a good chance of getting both especially for the evening.

Did you run your MK and Epcot plans through a personalized touring plan? That should give you an idea of how reasonable your timing is. HS should be doable and I think you are right to base AK on whether or not you get a FOP fastpass.

I love that you say MGM! Fast passes must be at least an hour apart. If I am reading it right you need to space them out more? Also, I think 7 Drawfs in day two , that early, may be a challenge. I actually think it is a better ride at night.

Whoops, it’s been 12 years. I forgot about the MGM to Hollywood studios change. I might move dwarfs to the night if I can. I’ll have to see what I can get. I have not ran through a touring plan yet, will have to check that feature out. Thanks to those who have responded so far.

1 Like