New FP Rides at DL and DCA

So now Autotopia and Monsters, Inc. have fast passes. One blogger said this is now screwing with the standby lines. Any insight on this? I had the perfect plans for our trip in March. AZ spring break, so expecting high crowds. I had Autotopia pretty early on the list (around 9am) since it is a ride my 5 year old requested.

1 Like

Welcome!

While FP / MaxPass has proven to make standby line waits longer, I’d assume the affect on Autotopia will be negligible if you are going to be doing it early in the day. Queues typically start building more at 11am. With any “must-do” attraction it is always better to do it as early in the day as possible.

This is why TP determines its CLs not by the estimated number of ppl in the parks, but by the queue times between 11am - 5pm.

2 Likes

Thanks! That is great. We should be hitting it about 9:15. Perfect!

1 Like

Are you from AZ or just taking note of our Spring Break crowd?

1 Like

I’ve been watching Autopia’s standby wait times for the last week or so in anticipation of our April trip. It’s definitely longer than it normally would be. It got up to 60 minutes the last few days. I’d say it’s running similar to Jungle Cruise or Pirates. It definitely starts slow and takes a while to build. That said, the FP availability has been pretty much immediate.

1 Like

I loved the modified year round schedule my Nieces and nephew had (Chandler area). I wish we had something similar here in Central CA.

1 Like

I am from AZ! Our spring break is the week of March 9th. Kids first trip to DL and DCA. Very excited!

2 Likes

I loved AZ and lived there for about a year. I came back to CA to be with my now husband and to go back to school.

1 Like